ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces. For more information please visitwww.childfund.org.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Position : Logistician
Reporting to : Project Manager Central Sulawesi Emergency Response (CSER) Project
Based in : Palu/Makassar
Duration : 6 months contract
• Identify warehouse facility and location for storing the pre-determined relief items.
• Working closely with Procurement person at Country office level in the procurement process ensuring a meeting-the-timeline completion.
• Implementing applicable warehouse management for the relief items.
• Identify workable distribution channels as a part of emergency preparedness.
• Train local partners on the distribution system.
• Analyze the logistical needs for emergency response and provide reporting.
• Manage the deployment of relief items to the targeted children and families during emergency response throughout the duration of this project.
• Contribute in the planning, implementation and monitoring program, with close assistance by Emergency Preparedness & Response Manager.
Contribute in modifying project intervention based on assessment result and inputs from specialist.
Strong leadership in the implementation of the project activities within approved plans, budget and agreements, and in compliance with organizational policies/procedures, operational systems, and donor requirements and regulations
Close coordination with local partners in ensuring the implementation of project activities within approved plans, budgets and agreements, and in compliance with organizational policies/procedures, operational systems, and donor requirements and regulations.
Conduct program/project monitoring visits, training preparation and spot checks in the areas of assignment and address identified performance problems or discrepancies.
Provide regular reports following donor’s and ChildFund’s requirements.
Build relationship and collaborate with partners (GO’s, NGOs, Schools, and others) at local levels for resource sharing (financial, technical, etc.).
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years experience in working in the human service or social services and/or with a non profit agency, preferably community organization
• Possess good knowledge on warehouse, logistical management and distribution pre and during emergency.
• Understanding child protection in emergency
• Basic knowledge of DRR
• Basic knowledge of personal hygiene will be an added value.
• Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Demonstrate experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs is preferred
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English;
• Good oral/written communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to travel to program locations; where applicable
• Some travel may be required.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work or relevant human services discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience; advanced degree desirable
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.