Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale (MOMENTUM) is a suite of projects, funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development, that aims to accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn and child mortality and morbidity in high-burden countries by increasing host country commitment and capacity to provide high-quality, integrated health care. Each of the projects has a specific focus area; together they provide a comprehensive, flexible package of support for countries as they overcome context-specific health challenges towards sustainable development.
MOMENTUM Indonesia, implemented by Jhpiego, is seeking for Local Capacity Strengthening Officer who will lead the development and implementation of local capacity strengthening objectives in line with principles of locally led development. This position will lead and manage identification, delivery and monitoring of capacity strengthening support to local organizations with sub-awards under Jhpiego’s MOMENTUM awards, including collaborating with local partners to develop mutually-agreed progress metrics, identify mechanisms for technical assistance to address identified gaps track milestones and assess progress, while facilitating continuous mutual learning and knowledge exchange around this area across Jhpiego.
Applicants should have demonstrated experience in all aspects of capacity strengthening and training – including needs and capacity assessment, design of capacity strengthening programs, facilitation, mentoring, coaching, supportive supervision, monitoring and evaluation, and capacity strengthening processes with local organizations. Applicants should also have experience in sub-award management from a grants administration perspective.
- Implement locally-led capacity strengthening objectives in line with Jhpiego’s overall approach, tools and processes.
- Collaborate with local partners to co-develop capacity strengthening plans based on needs assessment analysis and local partner discussions; identify how identified capacity gaps will be strengthened (whether through technical assistance from Jhpiego or from other local organizations) and prepare the necessary communications, budgets and follow up to support the planned capacity strengthening efforts
- Collaborate with local partners to co-facilitate regular follow-up assessments and/or pause and reflect sessions to address the evolving needs of local partners through existing and new networks and partnerships.
- Monitor progress of milestones and implementation of capacity strengthening plans, and adapt these plans in line with progress achieved and organizational learning to ensure continued relevance and alignment with stated project results.
- Support partners in identifying other technical assistance opportunities for their organizations and strengthen their capacity to be responsive from managerial and organizational perspectives
- Collaborate with relevant Jhpiego/Indonesia grants management and technical staff to manage budget and subaward scopes with the local partners and ensure all relevant information is communicated to the necessary parties.
- Document learning and capacity strengthening processes that are proven useful, as well as lessons learned in developing capacity of local partners.
- Review, adapt and systemize existing training materials in collaboration with content experts to develop high-quality training curricula and capacity strengthening approaches (for capacity strengthening needs identified for internal Jhpiego support).
- Identify potential trainers/training organizations to design and carry out trainings/capacity strengthening activities to transfer skills and tools; develop and manage the contractual arrangements for these trainers/training organizations to deliver the agreed scope of work (for capacity strengthening needs identified for external local support),
- Provide input into the development of monitoring and evaluation strategies and tools including key capacity strengthening benchmarks and outcome measures;
- Other tasks as assigned
- Degree in public health or comparable qualification.
- 7 years’ experience in international development sector
- Proven ability and experience working on capacity strengthening with local partners
- Strong knowledge of key relevant stakeholders in the area of MNCH and possessing good network
- Experience in training and facilitation both in person and virtually
- Knowledge of US donors, Foundation and corporate donor priorities for locally-led international development
- Experience in managing USAID-funded programs preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and team strengthening skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Proven leadership skills
- A commitment to customer service and to supporting a positive team culture
- Travel: Ability to travel domestically %
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position (e.g. Local Capacity Strengthening Officer).
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.