The Ministry of National Development Planning/National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas), the government of Indonesia (GOI) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) are required to liaise effectively in order to provide guidance facilitate cooperation on the implementation of activities under Intermediate Result (IR) 3.1 Natural Resources Management Improved, of the Bilateral Development Cooperation Framework No. 497-040 (BDCF) signed July 22, 2020. Activities are hereinafter referred to as the Sustainable Terrestrial Ecosystem Management (STEM) Program. The purpose of the STEM Program is to advance Indonesia’s self-reliance to conserve biodiversity and improve sustainable, equitable management of its natural resources as part of achieving the National Medium-Term Development Plan (RPJMN) 2020-2024 NP 1, 2,3, and 6, as well as SDG 13 and 15.
The USAID SEGAR Activity contributes to the 2020-2025 USAID Indonesia Country Development Cooperation Strategy. Specifically, this Activity contributes to Development Objective 3: Environmental Sustainability Improved, Intermediate Result 3.1 Natural Resource Management Improved.
The STEM Program is made up of the following:
- Bangun Indonesia untuk Jaga Keberlanjutan (BIJAK), January – June 2021.
- Sustainable Environmental Governance Across Regions (SEGAR), February 2021 – February 2026.
- Promoting Sustainable Agroforestry in Indonesia (PROSA), implementation period to be determined.
- other planned activities to achieve Intermediate Results 3.1 BDCF.
Considering the complexity of the implementation of the STEM program, it is necessary to support the administrative staff at the Working Unit of the Ministry of National Development Planning/National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas). A USAID STEM Secretariat will be established to support the Executing Agency (EA), Implementing Agency (IA), and Technical Team (TT) to carry out daily roles in implementing the Grant Implementation Agreement between USAID and the Government of Indonesia (GoI). The Liaison Officer will facilitate good communication, information flow and reporting of activities under STEM in order to ensure good project governance.
The Liaison Officer will work under the supervision of SEGAR DCOP and report on his/her work to the Director of Forestry and Water Resource Conservation, BAPPENAS as the IA and the USAID Environment Office, Indonesia.
- Provide support to the Directorate of Forestry and water Resource Conservation, Ministry of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS), USAID, Technical Team (made up of relevant inter-ministerial representatives) and USAID Implementing Partners (including but not limited to USAID SEGAR) in coordination with Ministries/Agencies and sub-national government counterparts in the implementation of the STEM Program.
- Collect quarterly progress reports on the implementation of the STEM Program from USAID and generate a consolidated report for BAPPENAS (and other GoI agencies).
- Collect Berita Acara Serah Terima (BAST) reports and channel these reports to the BAPPENAS for delivery to the Ministry of Finance.
- Collect relevant Gol reports and channel to USAID.
- In coordination with the USAID-SEGAR DCOP, ensure that all reports on USAID STEM are revised by the Directorate of Forestry and Water Resource Conservation, Ministry of National Development Planning, and the USAID Environment Office.
- Organize and host Technical Team (and other) meetings and providing related secretariat services (taking and distribution of minutes, etc).
- Coordinate with the Technical Team to deliver effective, efficient, and transparent support.
- Any other tasks deemed relevant and feasible by the USAID SEGAR DCOP.
- A well-functioning STEM Secretariat meeting the needs of all partieS.
- Regular meetings of the STEM Technical Team undertaken, and minutes generated and distributed.
- Quarterly consolidated reports on sub-activities undertaken within STEM.
- Yearly BAST report to the GOI.
- Monthly progress reports.
- Verbal feedback on progress in periodic meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as management, communications, economics, etc.
- Self-motivated, innovative, creative, independent and ability to work on a team as a team player as well as to multi-task
- At least 5 years professional working experience in the administration management.
- Experience working in an international donor project is preferred
- Able to manage and facilitate as well as act as a liaison between the organization and partners.
- Understand about government bureaucracy, both national and regional.
- Familiar with some of the substantive issues handled by the project.
- Demonstrated ability to relate and negotiate with governments and partners.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relevant knowledge inside and outside the institution and actively share experience and expertise with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Experience in filing management system and information technology.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Has ability to write report/working papers in English.
- Has basic knowledge about the implementation of international cooperation project.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “Liaison Officer – Your Name”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.