Civic Engagement 4.0 International Forum, Solo, August 2019
Location: Kota Kita office in Solo with occasional travel to Yogyakarta
Application deadline: March 20, 2019
Type of engagement: 6-month contract (April- September 2019)
Language required: English and Indonesian
Background and Context
‘Civic Engagement 4.0’ is a regional platform for mutual learning and action, working toward achieving societies with Dignity, Justice, and Sustainability. Southeast Asia as a prominent and fast-growing region is undergoing massive changes in all areas of development. The relationship with each other—in between countries, individuals, ideas, beliefs—is also changing dramatically. The region is indeed experiencing a kind of transformation in which our response for a just and sustainable society must be integrated and comprehensive in a scale and manner that we have never experienced before. For this reason, a concerned individuals and organizations in the region from multi-sectoral and multi-country background come together to launch this novel platform in spirit of solidarity. The platform facilitates exchange of knowledge for further collaboration in implementing actions for nurturing societies with Dignity, Justice and Sustainability, among active members of communities working on the ground at national, regional and international level. Recognizing the key roles of future leaders, it consciously engages with the youth in its programs and encourages students’ participation. We believe that building a community of practices with rich experiences can offer a key contribution in enabling transformative learning that will pave a way to a just society with active participation of the youth.
Platform’s Launching event in Solo City, August 2019
In August 2019, “Civic Engagement 4.0” will hold the launching event in Solo City, Central Java, Indonesia. The event will be carefully designed in sequenced activities to introduce the concept and mission of the Platform for collaborators and other participants. The event will provide rich opportunities for the participants to:
- Learn and experience first-hand civic engagement undertakings in the locality of Solo by visiting the sites and directly engaging with the communities;
- Learn various modality of civic engagements in different parts of the region via exchange forums;
- Dialogue and network with Mayors, outstanding practitioners, and strategic partners through learning the connectivity of highlighted issues, so that further collaborations can be concretized;
- Participate in workshops to gain knowledge of transformative learning and enhance needed skills
The event will be hosted by the Chulalongkorn Global Engagement (Chulalongkorn University), Indonesian Consortium of Religious Studies (ICRS), and Kota Kita Foundation.
We are seeking an organized, efficient, and communicative liaison manager to coordinate between different organizations, national and international, departments, officials, and individuals, involved in this international scale launching event.
- Internal liaison, interact and serve as point-of-contact, responsible for coordination and delegation of tasks between the secretariat ‘s team members: Chulalongkorn University, ICRS, Kota Kita.
- External liaison, interact and serve as point-of-contact, responsible for communication, coordination, invitation, delegation of tasks between the potential speakers, government officials (Indonesian government officials and regional Asia representatives), workshop facilitators, communities, and potential participants.
- Develop and foster relationships with the Solo-based community, stakeholders, and other entities
- Develop creative public campaign to publicize about the event and invite participations (done together with the Secretariat’s team members and Kota Kita’s communication team).
- Compile and develop work-in-progress reports, final reports, and other type of publications produced from the event.
- Collaborate with other team members, including project members, funders, website managers, to make sure the smooth delivery of work.
- Proactively and promptly respond to issues and challenges as necessary
- Act as a positive representation of the event/ platform to the community
- Reporting directly to Kota Kita’s Executive Director and Communication Director
- Solo-based or willing to relocate to Solo during the duration of work.
- Strong communication (text and oral) in English and Indonesian
- Working experience in event management, social campaigns, coordination and liaison with international counterparts, communication is a plus point (2 year of working experience is preferred, can also include organizational experiences)
- Know how to reach target groups using the right communication channels
- Innovative and flexible and able to work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and international partners
- Have interest and knowledge in social issues, citizenship, innovation, and sustainable development. Affinity for the platform’s mission and driven by a strong motivation and eagerness to contribute to societal change.
- Have creativity, outgoing personality, willing and eager to try.
- Excellent writing and organizational skill.
- Familiar with social media and digital campaign i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or other relevant fields, including Communication, International Relations, Sociology, etc.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic working environment and dedicated colleagues.
- Exposure and network with international counterparts from different fields.
- Chance to participate concretely in an exciting launching event for a growing, regional Asia platform on sustainable development and innovation.
- Competitive financial compensation