The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
LIAISON AND COORDINATION MANAGER – ASEAN
Classification Level: Manager
Posting Period : 18 – 30 October 2017
Duty Station: Jakarta
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months
- To support the Head of CCST influence on policy making at ASEAN level on relevant files, strengthen dialogue and coordination between the Federation and the ASEAN Secretariat, relevant ASEAN Sectoral Bodies, ASEAN specialised centres (AHA Centre; IPR) and with relevant partners to ASEAN, especially the ASEAN dialogue partners. The above will focus mostly (although not exclusively) on:
- Disaster management
- Disaster law (DM and DRR law)
- Disaster risk reduction and community resilience
- Humanitarian financing issues
- Social inclusion/non-violence and peace
- Key global agendas: SDGs, Sendai FDRR, WHS
Job duties and responsibilities
Facilitate the IFRC engagement with key ASEAN institutions and actors:
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with counterparts at ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN sectoral bodies and relevant ASEAN specialised centres
- Establish a working relationship with the team of the AHA centre in Jakarta and liaise with the IFRD DCPRR extended team on all related files
- Support the HoCCST in her/his contacts with the partners to ASEAN, including the embassies accredited to ASEAN, and paying special attention to the ten dialogue partners
- Support technical IFRC focal points in their contacts with relevant ASEAN sectoral bodies and facilitate their participation to meetings when and as appropriate
Support HoCCST and APRO strategic approach to ASEAN:
- Provide regular analysis, advice and support to IFRC team (APRO, IFRC offices in Southeast Asia and relevant officers/technical leads) on the collaborative activities related with ASEAN
- Assist in the preparations and organize collaborative activities, including meetings, work-shops, regular regional dialogues and trainings
- Be familiar with the ASEAN meetings calendar, identify the most relevant ones and suggest the HoCCST the required level of engagement
- Be familiar with the 10 ASEAN dialogue partners’ agenda for cooperation and suggest when appropriate manners of engagement
- Identify the key ASEAN non-dialogue partners and their agendas
- Follow-up on the developments of the MoU between ASEAN and IFRC
Properly document engagement and outcomes:
- Ensure relevant information on ASEAN developments / events / declarations / calendar is shared to relevant IFRC staff and offices in a timely manner
- Support the HoCCST to share relevant and updated information about the advances of the relations with ASEAN with the ten National Societies in ASEAN member states
- Assisting in the preparations for and playing a key role in organizing collaborative activities, including meetings, workshops, regular regional dialogues and trainings
- Maintain proper documentation of all collaborative activities.
- Provide regular reporting, analysis and advice to the HoCCST as relevant on the collaborative activities with ASEAN and other related entities.
- Liaising closely with other IFRC offices on all matters relating to the ASEAN-IFRC partner-ship.
- Represent (if needed) Head of CCST in the coordination meetings with ASEAN and other related entities.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field. Master’s degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- Training in line with the subject / area of responsibility
- Knowledge of humanitarian diplomacy
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in political/diplomatic work at national, regional and international levels;
- Experience of working for the Red Cross / Red Crescent
- Knowledge of and work experience related to ASEAN:
- Extensive knowledge of ASEAN structures, frameworks, mechanisms and decision making processes;.
- Familiarity with ASEAN relevant sectoral bodies work plans/work programmes;
- Ability to recommend areas for engagement for IFRC;
- Ability to draft papers, statement, proposal, ToR, etc. In line with ASEAN context and protocol;
- Ability to explain ASEAN mechanisms and organizational culture;.
- Familiarity with the 10 ASEAN dialogue partner’s agenda for cooperation.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills (proposals, reports, texts for external communication) in English
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural context
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Fluently spoken and written English