Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
1. Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
2. Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
3. Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The Learning and Development Coordinator is responsible for conducting and ensuring compliance of the KOMPAK Human Resources (HR) business process related to staff performance management, training, learning and capacity development. This role will work closely with the KOMPAK HR team members, and the broader Operations team and as well as the Abt Associates team.
• Plan, develop, and implement a Learning and Development Framework for all KOMPAK staff
• Identify and assess learning and development needs for KOMPAK staff through job analysis, annual performance appraisals and consultation with relevant line managers
• Develop and implement an annual calendar of learning & development activities
• Coordinate implementation of KOMPAK’s performance management cycle
• Ensure all KOMPAK staff are trained to use its performance management system and provide ongoing support to staff to ensure they use the system efficiently and effectively
• Assist staff and Line Managers to develop effective performance goals and SMART key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Liaise with Abt Brisbane on Learning and Development and Performance Management framework and activity
• When delegated, act as the person in charge for HR team
• Contribute to the revision of the HR and Manual and the development of HR policies and procedures in liaison with Sr HR Manager, and other corporate policies as required
• Manage the maintenance and retention of program HR records and KOMPAK’s HR Information System in accordance with the KOMPAK HR and Recruitment Management Manual, Abt Associates policies and procedures with a specific focus on ensuring hard copies are maintained where required and confidentiality requirements are maintained
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’ link on the Abt Associates website.
• Hold a university degree in business administration, human resource management or other related areas
• Have at least 5-year experience in human resources area, especially in performance management and/or staff capacity building. Working experience specifically in development program in Indonesia would be an advantage
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of Indonesia Local Labour Regulations
• Have strong time management, as well as organisation and administration skill
• Computer literate in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Have strong interpersonal skill, sound confidentiality, ability to be impartial and have objective justification
• Good English and Bahasa Indonesia skills
• Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
Further Information & Application
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com