The Landscape Manager, based in and focusing on Jambi, reports directly to Landscape Program Manager in Jakarta. He/she will focus on helping the Landscape team on the interventions development and implementation in Jambi. He/she will also help stakeholders and partners by convening them and key stakeholders, at the Provincial and Local level, and providing them with technical guidance and administrative works where needed, related to Landscape programs.
IDH and Sustainable Landscape
Indonesia is a strategic intervention country for IDH, with 9 commodity programs supporting improved environmental and social sustainability through public-private partnerships across the archipelago focusing efforts on avoided deforestation based on landscape approach. The central concept for driving change in these landscapes is production-protection-inclusion: using a combination of donor and commercial funding to support investments in improved production practices, in return for a delivery of conservation, protection and restoration targets beyond the concession boundary. The program in Indonesia is being implemented in the Provinces of South Sumatra, Jambi, West Kalimantan, and Aceh.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org
- Convene important stakeholders within the landscape and maintain relationships.
- Support IDH Landscape Program in developing and driving implementation key interventions in Jambi.
- Track and Present reports defining activities, events, project progress, problems, and solutions.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, trips, and appointments.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience, preferably in a landscape approach in Jambi (connecting with Palm Oil, Forestry, and Pulp & Paper sectors are desirable) in a role as manager, convener, consultant or researcher.
- Having a strong working relation/experience with government, NGO, and the private sector.
- Experience in convening and assisting a project/ initiative (preferred).
- Working and living experience in Jambi.
- Fluency in English (essential).
- Ability to structure ambiguous situations rapidly.
- Proactive, self-propelling and resourceful.
- Ability to build solid relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to convene and to assist.
- Creative, analytical, strategic thinker.
- Organized with an eye for details.
- A communicator at every level, both verbal and written.
The vacancy is initially for 1 year with the opportunity to extend the contract afterward. The successful candidate will be based in Jambi.
IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member, you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours per week. We offer a competitive salary depending on seniority and experience.