Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. In Indonesia, Plan International operates since 1969, and in 2017 Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (YPII/Plan Indonesia) was established as national entity of Plan International in Indonesia. YPII is currently implementing its Country Strategy 4 (CS 4) covering fiscal year 2018 to 2022, where the country purpose is in line with the global Plan International’s Purpose “to advance children rights and equality for girls”. Our ambition is to enable at least 1 million girls and young women to learn (gain skills for work), lead (empower to take action on issues that matter to them), decide (have control over their own lives and bodies) and thrive (grow healthy and protected from violence). It means that we will take actions to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children, especially girls, and young women from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society. This goal will be achieved by implementing quality programmes and projects as well as influencing decision makers and key stakeholders to make the required changes.
Knowledge Management Specialist is part of MERKM function and generally will play a key role contributing to build and manage the organization learning system of Plan Indonesia. S/he is accountable for successful implementation of CS5 organizational objective in particular the Learning, Innovative YPII; which is to capture knowledge, to increase knowledge access, to enhance the knowledge environment, and to manage knowledge as an asset. .S/he will support the MER KM Manager and the country leadership team in striving to strengthen YPII’s position as one of the leading organisation working to promote girls’ rights and agency by strengthening monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management for accountability and measurable impact through providing robust data/information on decision making. The role provide support in increasing knowledge access and enhance knowledge environment.
Dimensions of the Role
Reporting to MER KM Manager, The KM Specialist will be responsible to support the measurement of organisational and program objective achievement, support the quality assurance of researches, monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management, and support the YPII to effectively ensure delivery of quality programme and influence work. Key Responsibility areas are as follows:
- Contribute to design and manage Knowledge Mobilization strategy, standards and processes. Operationalize an end-to-end knowledge mobilization strategy that links content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities including managing learning sessions across various divisions of YPII.
- Contribute to the Design, manage and disseminate a quarterly dashboard that tracks and presents KM metrics.
- Coordinate the M&E framework development and support to Country Office, Programme Implementation Area, programmes, projects and humanitarian responses., Influencing Department, and other Division in YPII as relevant
- Liaise with Programme/Project Manager including relevant Managers from Influencing Department e.g Media Comms Manager, and PIA Manager and Program/Project Managers in Eastern Indonesia field office to supervise and provide oversight of the work of Learning System/Knowledge Management, the consultants and implementing partners, to ensure linkage to YPII Learning framework and Plan International standards and guidelines for Programming and Influencing.
- Play a key role in ensuring timely Knowledge Management/Learning System monitoring result across YPII e.g on programmes and projects, and contribute to submission of YPII quarterly and annual report.
- Represent YPII in exchange of information and community of practice forums and events at National, level as requested by MER KM Manager. Or YPII Management as relevant
- Unless there are specific projects and grants for Learning System, this position does not have budget portfolio to manage.
KM Specialist function on supporting projects would be distributed equally based on the workload and under MER KM Manager supervision while coordinating with Program Manager and Project Managers Implementation in respectful coverage area.
Quality Evaluation Reporting & Utilization
- Contribute to quality assurance and editing/re-writing of MERL initiative products e.g evaluation report, assessment report, research report according to report quality standard of YPII
- Engage relevant users and stakeholders in planning and implementation of MERL data/report result utilization
Knowledge Management and Outreach
- Ensure implementation of Knowledge Mobilization strategy, standards and processes
- Operationalize an end-to-end knowledge mobilization strategy that links content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities.
- Contribute to design, manage and disseminate a quarterly dashboard that tracks and presents KM metrics.
- Interpret and promote KM standards and guidelines, best practices, and state-of-the-art approaches among WVC staff.
- Facilitate the transfer of vetted synthesized evidence between content experts (Technical Specialists), data synthesizers (MEAL specialist), program managers and knowledge users (Programs & Policy, Influencing/Coms/Marketing teams) into day-to-day tools, evidence products
and impact communications.
- Provide guidance to Technical Specialists and other staff to identify, manage, package and disseminate key information to advance technical practice in development and effectively share program results and impact with key stakeholder audiences including development
practitioners and academic/research partners.
- Manage the creation of updated knowledge products that showcase results and impact, including for advocacy purpose to effectively profile YPII work through technical branding and thought leadership, and thus, support resource acquisition opportunities and policy influence. This includes, case studies, stories, reports, briefing notes, business-to-business website and other externally facing resources.
- Collaborate with Program/Grant Managers, relevant Technical Specialists, Communication Team, Digital team, and other internal stakeholders to find creative ways to publish and disseminate research results, recognizing that it is critical to ensure this data is accessible and reaching a broad stakeholder base.
- Provide technical guidance to Program/Grant Managers in the development and review of training materials, reports and other external documents as needed.
- Strengthen internal and external engagements to support Knowledge Management goals
- Strengthen the capacity of critical stakeholders, both in WVC and the field, in knowledge creation, knowledge translation and dissemination through training, coaching, mentoring, and ongoing project support.
- Communicate and track KM opportunities and participation in activities against targets
established within the Annual Workplan. This includes, providing technical guidance in the vetting, selection and monitoring of KM opportunities.
- Identify and promote conference and publication opportunities for staff to support scholarship and technical branding.
- Conduct submission review process for journal publications, conferences, poster presentations and other learning events.
- Identify and curate content for impact website and manage website community engagement to foster technical branding and thought leadership.
- Coordinate internal and external learning events with staff and external partners.
- Provides capacity building and mentoring for YPII Staff on M&E, focusing on quality of data collection and tools to capture change to monitor/track programme and project impacts to reach national target of 1 million girls.
- Ensure effective representation of YPII’s programmatic impact to external donors and partners through dissemination of assessment findings and lessons learned, and participation in professional conferences and networks.
- Work with Public Relation team/ Participates in M&E related events to present YPII to manage and curate social media opportunities such as twitter feeds and blogs to communicate program, and results and build awareness of the YPII program portfolio to priority stakeholder audiences.
- Actively involves in Plan International Regional and Global Hub exercise to strengthen MERKM tools, ensuring knowledge sharing and cascade of information to CO, PSO and PIA on Plan International standards and guidelines on M&E.
Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- MER KM Manager: direct report for YPII Learning system design and implementation
- Programme Manager/Project Manager from all division/department including IT: provide technical support, mentoring and capacity building to ensure learning system is well-understood, implement, and utilization of data for knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation of grant as well as sponsorship projects and activities; to ensure that KM part of the everyday business operations, and that we have the technology to support it
- Program Development Manager/Adviser/Specialist: provide technical support the development of KM products related to PD needs to strengthen concept note and grant proposal development;
- Area Program Manager and PIA Managers: provide technical support, mentoring and capacity building to ensure learning system is well-understood, implement, and utilization of data for knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation of grant as well as sponsorship projects and activities;
- People and Culture Team: collaborate/coordinate with People and Culture team YPII to ensure to create a culture-driven approach that put learning, and knowledge sharing as a priority.
- ARO and GH M&E Department: liaise and provide requested support, knowledge sharing and report on the implementation of MERL Framework to ensure compliance with Plan International standard.
- Implementing partners: provide support and capacity building to monitor, track progress of learning utilization per project M&E.
- M&E Consultants: assess and review deliverables to ensure quality.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Bachelor degree in evaluation, social science, statistics, and any related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in project M&E, with practical knowledge on Results Based Management and Theory of Change. Experience in working on M&E focusing on girls/women/children is an advantage.
- Well informed on the trends and development in M&E, evaluation for impact, learning system/knowledge management for measuring development projects (both quantitative and qualitative) and its utilization
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project reporting, knowledge management and learning process.
- Good analytical skill.
- Good writing skills
- Possess skills about methods to capture change/results of project implementation including using digital data collection and digital platform for knowledge management
- Good interpersonal communication and facilitation skills for mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Possess good judgement to deal with conflict.
- Able to work both in team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Masters/postgraduate degree in evaluation, social science, social statistics and any related field
- Over 5 years of experience working on M&E and Learning System
- Knowledge on IT-based/Management Information Systems for MERL in particular Knowledge Management
- Experience in managing KM for development projects focusing on humanitarian response and/or public health, water and sanitation, youth employment, and gender equality.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
Based at CO, PSO or PIA office with at least 40% travel to projects areas, government offices and partner organization both in office, on the field and during humanitarian settings.
Level of contact with children
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by click https://tinyurl.com/KnowledgeManagementSps now not later than August 15, 2022
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
- Salary Offer 12.500.000 - 15.000.000 IDR