- Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) – responsible for providing support on DRR and inclusion with a key focus on disability;
- The University of Hawaii at Manoa (UHM) – responsible for providing support to the Disaster Management (DM) Polytechnic and pre-service training within BNPB;
- Asia Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) – responsible for building the capacity of BNPB Pusdiklat.
- Ensure the INVEST program captures high quality, verifiable information using appropriate methods that meet the requirements of Mercy Corps and donor;
- Establish and manage a database of existing or on-going learning documents and products (infographics), including identifying the needs for other learning documents;
- In consultation with the MEL Specialist, coordinate internal and external reviews of information collected with a strong emphasis on learning. This should capture the lessons learned from success stories (achievements) and challenges (failures) to inform the sustainability/exit strategy and influence policy direction;
- Preparation of high-quality learning documents ranging from reports, case studies, paper or brief sheets, fact sheets, infographics, video blogs and pictures and etc. that also can be used for outreach;
- Develop ways to INVEST team to effectively convey or tailor messages in a clear and concise manner. This requires collaboration with MCI creative design team to conceptualize various formats to communicate INVEST story;
- Manage the dissemination of information to different stakeholders;
- Work closely with other program members especially the MEL specialist to ensure INVEST evaluations (end line) are conducted in line with program needs and donor requirements;
- Problem-solve with others to address shortfalls in monitoring, evaluation, and information management that affect program implementation;
- Participate and provide guidance to ensure studies and/or research undertaken in the program meets with the information needed for reporting and/other purposes;
- Maintain regular contact with relevant research partners including consultants involved in studies or evaluations and provide guidance as required to increase research or study quality;
- Liaise with research partners especially the UHM and APDC;
- Develop a strategy, action plan and coaching of operators to support the enhancement and utilization of Management Information System in the planning, execution, and monitoring and evaluation of the in-service education and training programs delivered by the Pusdiklat.
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Statistics, Social Sciences, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in research methods, statistics, measurement, and evaluation;
- Minimum of progressive 3 years’ experience of relevant work on disaster risk management and resilience. Significant experience working on knowledge management, research, communication and outreach required;
- Knowledge of program management, implementation, evaluation, and reporting;
- Experience supervising M&E and communication teams and building team capacity to deliver high-quality results;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement program activities creatively, as well as possess the ability to analyze data and utilize lessons learned for the continuous improvement of program implementation and to promote a culture of learning;
- Ability to maintain relationships and work effectively in cross-cultural situations with a wide range of people in both public and private sectors, including business, government, non-governmental organizations, universities, and local communities;
- Proficiency in English in writing and the ability to cross translate between Bahasa Indonesia and English. Ability to converse in English is preferred;
- Computer literate; proficient in MS Office, MS Excel in particular and Internet navigation are required;
- Candidate must be willing to travel as necessary.
The vacancy will be closed 23 February 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department