Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Kaimana, West Papua:
Kaimana Communication & Outreach Coordinator
The Communication and Outreach Coordinator will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the Kaimana Program Manager and in close consultation with the CII BHS Program Director, CI National Communications Manager and CI West Papua Management team. The position will lead a small team in Kaimana to support achieve project goals, especially as they relate to communication and outreach to communities, government partners and the private tourism sector.
He/she will also lead externally focused communication efforts to share Kaimana’s story with wider audiences in Indonesia and abroad. This position will also serve as a part of the broader West Papua team. The successful candidate should be energetic, outgoing, self-motivated, mature, creative and able to work under difficult
- Lead team of communication and outreach officers in Kaimana and will be ultimately responsible for all communication and outreach work in all four Kaimana sub-MPAs.
- Design, implement, evaluate and adjust the Kaimana Outreach and Communications Strategy.
- Coordinate with CI Communications team, including the CI Indonesia National Communications Manager.
External Communications and Outreach Activities
- Support the implementation of Kaimana Outreach and Communication launches and campaigns.
- Close coordination with UPTD Kaimana.
- Assist in coordinating a team approach to implement Kaimana programs with fisheries, livelihoods, surveillance and MPA management.
- Assist in capacity building and developing partnerships with relevant government, community and private sector stakeholders.
- Assist in strategic planning, partnerships, liaison with other government agencies and partners.
Data and information collections
- Coordinate and maintain Kaimana’s image library, including adding them to CI tandem vault
- Coordinate team to regularly fill in and update calendar activities,
- Assist with event note taking and documentation (i.e. photos, voice recording)
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (S1) in journalism, communications, publishing or a related field.
- Effective written and oral communications to effectively persuade audiences at various levels
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and ensure deliverables are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to relate to government, local communities the private sector and create and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to support colleagues across various disciplines, cultures and backgrounds to achieve shared goals.
- strong written and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and familiar with basic English.
- Has extensive experience networking with media, government agencies, communities, other NGOs and private sector.
- Experience working in environmental NGO
- Experience in leading a team.
- Works well in team environment but able to take initiative and is a self-starter.
- Ability to travel intensively in remote conditions, within West Papua and occasional travel to Jakarta or Bali office.
- Good communication and facilitation skills
List additional required or preferred qualifications specific to the position
- Familiar with a variety of communication methods and strategies, for example, press releases, brochures, social media, materials or briefing development.
- At least 5 years’ experience in communications including writing, or community engagement.
- Experience in Indonesian Papua.
- Experience working for environmental conservation.