SYSTEMIQ is an organisation driving system change in clean energy, circular material solutions and sustainable land use. By addressing failures in these areas, SYSTEMIQ aims to unlock economic opportunities that benefit business, society and the environment.
We connect the right people, ideas, technologies, and capital to transform economic systems. We do this through five activities:
- Convene and support coalitions of leaders to shape policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
- Work with companies that want to be pioneers and drivers of change towards more sustainable systems
- Co-create and incubate the market solutions most likely to build regenerative economic systems
- Invest our own venture capital and expertise in opportunities with the biggest potential to drive rapid system change
- Direct larger pools of capital into regenerative economic systems, so they scale and multiply.
SYSTEMIQ is an equal opportunities employer. SYSTEMIQ’s recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
In order to deliver in these areas, we recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as change leaders. We are currently recruiting a staff to fit as a Junior Project Finance and Grants Officer.
SIQ has an Impact Accelerator supporting businesses which have the potential to disrupt the current system of land use. The Accelerator’s portfolio contains scalable business models that overcome the trade-off between economic profit, ecosystem regeneration, and social inclusion.
The Accelerator is a fast-growing team of people who bridge the worlds of business, ecosystem conservation, investment, and development. We believe it matters what the most ambitious people do with their lives, and we are looking for highly capable, ambitious individuals who want to design and build a better global system.
Partnerships for Forests Programme
One of the programmes within the Regenerative Land Use Accelerator is Partnerships for Forests (P4F). P4F aims to galvanise private sector investment into sustainable land-use and sustainable forestry. It does this by supporting the emergence of a new investment model in which the public sector, private sector companies and wider communities can achieve better returns from sustainable forestry and land use than they are able to from deforestation and land degradation.
P4F is an 8-year programme jointly funded by UK government’s Department for International Development and Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy, with an expected end date in 2023.
For more information please visit www.partnershipsforforests.com
We are looking for a Junior Project Finance and Grants Officer to join the Partnerships for Forests Programme team. As a Junior Project Finance and Grants Officer, you will:
P4F Grants and finance management
- Support procurement processes (requesting and assessing relevant quotes, ensuring DFID guidelines are followed and submitting required paperwork)
- Complete paperwork and financial statement checks for grant disbursements
- Conduct due diligence on grantees and suppliers and organizing required documentation;
- Support auditing of grantees
SYSTEMIQ Finance management
- Audit internal expense reports and support annual audit processes
- Support event leadership to sort flawless logistics (including quote management from venues/suppliers, expenses and reimbursements for attendees and managing visa processes)
- Manage event administration including invitations and response records
- Support writing up of events for internal P4F/SYSTEMIQ communication
Skills & Experience
SYSTEMIQ is looking for individuals with a strong record of excellence and achievement.
Highly organised, with an attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills, you will be experienced working in a professional environment. Ideally your background includes working in an administrative or finance related role. You have proven you can deliver in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, entrepreneurial company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business and make maximum impact. You are passionate about SYSTEMIQ’s mission and approach to system change. Your background may include working within multi-stakeholder and international teams, ideally coupled with experience in grant or financial management.
Specifically, you have:
- 1-3 or more years’ experience in a professional environment, ideally working in an administrative or finance related role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, particularly excel
- Highly organised and used to juggling many tasks
- Diligent with a high attention to detail
- ‘Get it done’ attitude
- Collaborative team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify how processes can be improved
- Evidenced passion for the sustainability / environment / social enterprise space
Must align with SYSTEMIQ values (creativity, challenge, collaborate, change and care) and be able to demonstrate how they have lived these values in a professional setting
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your CV and Offer letter to firstname.lastname@example.org