“The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations.
In the context of the bilateral cooperation between the Government of Germany and the Government of Indonesia, the Social Protection Programme (SPP) assists the Government of Indonesia in developing long-term strategies for a comprehensive system of Social Protection. The National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS) is its main partner. The collaboration has been reinforced and strengthened during the German-Indonesian Government
Negotiations in 2017. SPP is part of the “Sustainable Economic Development and TVET” priority area.
The New SPP aims at improving risk coverage and promotes the independent economic existence for the poor and vulnerable with a view to contributing to innovative approaches to complement the social protection system for the poor and vulnerable. The project works in the following intervention areas: (1) Adaptive Social Protection (ASP) with a focus on capacity development for BAPPENAS and another key stakeholder in performing their tasks to lead the policy consultation at the national level and facilitating the development of the strategic recommendation for expanding social protection against risks from extreme weather events and natural disasters; (2) Financial Inclusion by supporting PT Pos in modernising its services through the digital giro platform and expanding savings products which will increase access to financial services for poor and vulnerable groups; and (c) Labor market access for Person with Disabilities by providing advisory services and technical support for the development of the concept and strategy of inclusive design from employment promotion instruments and reform plans for the vocational education and training sector, through the Social Security Administering Body, BPJS Ketenagakerjaan and other key stakeholders.
Further, from the 1st of January 2022, SPP enters a new approach by introducing the actuarial science technical support to redesign and rearrange the social security benefits for the Indonesian population and improve the programme’s effectiveness and efficiency management under the leadership of Bappenas. This approach is aligned with President Joko Widodo social protection reform agenda as endorsed on the 5th of January 2021.
- ensures that financial and administrative procedures function well in accordance with GIZ standards
- assists the Principal Advisors to ensure compliance with GIZ Processes and Rules (PuR) for all activities
- effectively coordinates with the staff of the SPP administration and finance team
- assists the Principal Advisor in ensuring compliance with the GIZ code of conduct of all staff
- assists the Finance Professional while learning and advancing the GIZ process mechanics until the new TC module (ASP) starts
- supports the new TC module on ASP (expected to begin July 2022)
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
- General Administration
- maintains an overall good flow of administrative/financial information and regulation by having smooth cooperation and providing advice and input within the staffs of the project.
- in coordination with the Jr Administrative Professional, manages inventory according to the regulations
- ensures data entries in Winpaccs and archives the vouchers in line with GIZ guidelines
- maintains overview over ongoing contracts at the project level, GIZ country office in Jakarta and GIZ headquarters (with an overview of payments)
- Finances and Accounting
- maintains the overall smooth and correct functioning of the complete financial accounting systems
- assists the preparations for the annual Internal Control as well as ensures that the results and recommendations are applied
- assist the Finance Professional in checking the financial reports provided by the GIZ country office in Jakarta
- monitors monthly project account receivable and follow up for the settlement
- prepares for financial/disbursement reports (BAST) to the partner institutions
- supports the Finance Professional in coordinating with the Jr. Administrative Professional regarding the documentation of restitution/exemption letters until getting the restitution/ exemption letter from Badora (Finance Ministry)
- in coordination with the Administrative Professional in preparing and settlement of travel cost (domestic/international) of all staff
- maintains filing for financial section confidentially
- Contract Management
- assist the Finance Professional to prepares, arranges and following up contracts for local consultants based on ToR with the respective units at the GIZ country office in Jakarta
- monitor the status of contract implementation and payment by using a database
- assist the Finance Professional in coordinating and communicating with the contracting officer in the GIZ country office in Jakarta
- help the Finance Professional to monitor and follows up the tax exemption process for contracts and procurement
- files contract documents when required according to PuR
- Compliance with PuR
- assist the Finance Professional in monitoring changes of PuR and GIZ country office in Jakarta regulations, inform the Principal Advisor, and disseminate information on such changes to all relevant staff
- assists all staff to ensure compliance with PuR and the GIZ Code of Conduct at the national and regional level
- immediately reports to the Principal Advisor in cases of non-compliance with PuR and the GIZ Code of Conduct without delay
- monitors decisions concerning administrative and financial issues of the Principal Advisor and management team and advise them on compliance issues
- Other duties/additional tasks
- supports project team members in achieving milestones of the project
- participates in projects and office finance and admin team meetings to understand needs and ensure smooth supports
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of the Principal Advisor
- performing the role of finance professional in case of her absence.
- Indonesia citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent
- good business sense with knowledge of finance, accounting, and economics
Professional experiences required:
- at least 3 – 5 years of experience in finance, economics, accounting and similar or equivalent positions
- good understanding of GIZ Processes and Rules (PuR) regarding financial and administrative management is an asset
- experience working in development organisations similar to GIZ and with relevant government and international entities is highly desirable
- proven negotiation skills with internal and external audiences, including complex and stressful circumstances.
Other knowledge, requirements and additional competencies
- proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email) and computer applications (e.g. Office 365, especially on excel and word)
- excellent understanding of accounting and financial operations (bills & voucher checking, payment processing, planning)
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities
- must be a strong team player, organised and efficient
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected to Join: 01 March 2022
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, training attended, and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 01 February 2022.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SPP – Jr. Finance Specialist
Please name your file as follow the format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]_SPP-Jr. Finance Specialist
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.