The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has been shaping international cooperation on behalf of the German Government for and with international organizations and partners for more than 60 years. Operating globally, GIZ works to ensure that people around the world will have a better future. GIZ uses sustainable approaches and solutions both in our project work and within the company.
The Sustainable Urban Transport Programme Indonesia – Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (SUTRI NAMA) as registered with the UNFCCC aims to transform urban transport in Indonesia into a sustainable low-carbon sector. It is funded by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy of the United Kingdom (BEIS) through the NAMA Facility.
To augment the impact of the programme, a technical assistance component funded by the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs of Switzerland (SECO) formulated as the Indonesian Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Development Project (INDOBUS) has been added to the line-up of SUTRI NAMA. INDOBUS aims to provide technical advisory related to the development and implementation of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system in Indonesian cities that adheres to international standards. SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS are implemented by GIZ in cooperation with the Indonesian Ministry of Transportation.
During the implementation period of 2018-2022, SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS support the development of sustainable transport policies and infrastructure projects in Indonesian cities that are supported by a national urban transport policy and capacity development. This includes the development and start-up of BRT corridors as the preferred sustainable urban mass public transport system in five pilot cities, namely Pekanbaru, Batam, Bandung, Semarang, and Makassar. We are seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
- Support the Principal Advisor, Communications and PR Professional, Technical Advisors and other project staff members on communication-related instruments and public relations (PR) issues of the projects
- Support the development and publication of information material needed to promote the projects
- Support the preparation and development of communication-related instruments of public appearance of both projects
- Support both the projects and the counterparts on key elements of document management and knowledge management
- Support counterparts and GIZ staff members in event planning and execution, publication management, and media relations
In this context, the position includes, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- General tasks
a. Communication & PR strategic tasks
- Promote the projects’ objectives by accompanying communication measures in close cooperation with partners
- Support the development and maintenance of a comprehensive approach for the projects’ internal and external communications and systematic planning for communication activities with partners
- Assist in coordinating, implementing, and monitoring communications work (e.g. effect, content quality and quantity)
b. Cooperating with the Project Communications Officers
- Follow strictly guidelines and toolkits provided by Communication & PR unit of the GIZ Country Office
- Actively contribute to GIZ internal systems for publications and photos storage
c. Coordination tasks
- Support the coordination and cooperation with service providers ensuring high-quality work (e.g. consultants, agencies, photographers, trainers, writers)
- Support the coordination and cooperation with MoT and any other stakeholders in relation to communications activities
- PR activities of the project
- Support the development and refine of appropriate PR instruments for the cooperation with the partner organizations (e.g., brochures, flyers, factsheets)
- Support the development of communication activities, including but not limited to, microsite development, promotional and documentation video development, and other PR related activities
- Support the organization of external events of the projects in cooperation with the national partner institutions
- Collect press clippings related to the projects and compile reporting’s per event/news appearance.
- Internal Communications and Knowledge Management
- Maintain the project’s archives, including but not limited to, photos, documentation, meeting minutes, etc.
- Develop and maintain appropriate instruments to improve the project’s internal communications and document management structures and processes (e.g., emails, DMS, archiving etc.)
- Networking and communication
- Support the Communication and PR Professional in managing and maintaining the project portfolio within GIZ and with project partners/stakeholders (e.g., partner newsletter, project page, etc.)
- Manage main counterparts’ expectation (MoT) through good communication
- Other duties
- Contribute to the overall activities of the team and the projects as required.
- Support relevant project team members in achieving milestones of the projects, both in SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, Journalism, English Language or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years’ experience of working in the field of communication (media and PR work, journalism, internal communication) preferably in an international context. Knowledge on transport topics will be an advantage.
- Fluency in writing, reading, and speaking in English and Indonesian
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a confident journalistic style that is suited to the target group.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to an international working environment.
- Possess confidence, can-do attitude, and takes initiative
- Excellent command of ICT technologies (related software) and MS – Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); knowledge of design programs/application (i.e. Adobe illustrator, photoshop, Canva) will be an advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team.
- Willingness to upgrade the relevant skills as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of SUTRI NAMA & INDOBUS
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter, comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) and your own writing samples (in English & Bahasa Indonesia), to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 21st, 2021 with subject line SUTRI NAMA – Jr. Communication Specialist.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified