The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German public-benefit federal enterprise. GIZ works worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas.
GIZ International Services (InS) is currently implementing the EU funded project “Enhanced Regional EU-ASEAN Dialogue Instrument”.
The project’s objective is to support ASEAN integration aiming at poverty reduction through
inclusive and sustainable growth. By achieving its integration goal, the citizens of ASEAN Member States shall benefit from stronger, more equitable and sustainable economic growth, increased leverage as a union, and enhanced social opportunities. The facility’s purpose is to support the implementation of the ASEAN Community blueprints, and subsequent plans, drawing on European experience and know how through sectoral policy dialogues (at all levels and including democratic institutions and Civil Society) supporting thus the policy development processes in areas of joint interest, and provide capacity building covering the three pillars (Security and Political, Economic, Socio-Cultural) of the ASEAN Community.
- Responsible for all activities related to communication, visibility and outreach.
In carrying out this role, the Junior Communication Advisor performs the following major functions:
- Support in the development of technical reports and create related content which is understandable to a wider audience
- Develop and maintain (social) media content providing visibility products such as Tweets and Facebook posts ahead of events for publication together with timely follow-up communication
- Responsible for providing quality checks on outreach products prepared by the Facility’s Key Experts
- Proactively ensure visibility products are being made available in a user-friendly way for all visibility ‘constituencies’ – i.e. ASEC/ASEAN, ASEAN Member States, the EU as well as ASEAN Member States.
- Other duties and technical tasks at the request of the superior contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
- At least Bachelor’s degree (Postgraduate preferably) degree in relevant field (public policy, PR, etc)
- Proven analytical and communication skills
- Proven skills in international and interdisciplinary content development
- Full proficiency of both English and Bahasa (native speaker)
- 3 – 5 years of working experience
- Experience in creating (social) media content
- Proven working experience in international and interdisciplinary projects and capability to integrate in multinational project structures
Other Knowledge, Additional Competencies
- Proven experience in communications or as social media communicator in an EU-ASEAN cooperation context
- Strong writing skills in creating content for addressing governments, public sector institutions or private sector enterprises
- Experience with EU communication procedures and guidelines
- Professional experience with the E-READI policy dialogue facility and the EU Mission to ASEAN will be considered an asset
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with supervisor
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: 15 Dec 2020
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader of the E-READI project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to email@example.com by December 2nd, 2020 with subject line E-READI – Junior Communication Advisor.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified