The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes, often working under difficult conditions. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ International Services (InS) is the company’s business department offering services to international clients such as the European Commission. For more information, please consult www.giz.de. To start as soon as possible and assist the Enhanced Regional EU-ASEAN Dialogue Instrument (E-READI).
Assists E-READI portfolio and focus on Economic Sector with special projects, reports or other assignments, performing a variety of administrative support, analysis functions and communications processes which involve knowledge of a wide range of ASEAN members’ national policies and regional frameworks, procedures and technical work processes. Junior non-key expert is expected to perform the full range of ongoing administrative and office support functions to facilitate the efficient and effective operation.
• Research and collect financial, statistical, technical and specialized data from multiple sources for assigned research and special projects; as necessary
• Performs data analyses and comparisons;
• Develops and maintains spreadsheets to facilitate data interpretation and manipulation;
• Composes, revises and edits a variety of routine to moderately difficult correspondence, reports, and informational materials; from rough notes, drafts, dictation, or brief oral instructions, types, formats, edits, revises, proofreads and prints reports, correspondence, memoranda, contracts, agreements, technical charts, tables and other specialized materials ranging from routine to complex; proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy and completeness and for compliance with policies and regulations;
• Designs, develops and/or maintains specialized databases using standard spreadsheet software; utilizes software systems and programs;
• Contribute to the research design and field studies in relation to the project;
• Support key experts in various project preparations and delivery, such as but not limited to; maintaining communications with targeted clients, creation of concept notes, creation of Terms of Reference, and meeting coordination;
• Provide technical support on visibility and communication to all E-READI implemented activities, including relevant data collection, processing and elaboration;
• Carry out field work in consultation with the Principal Investigator and Project Coordinator;
• Record, analyses and write up the results of the field studies;
• Prepare and present findings of research activity to colleagues for review purposes;
• Filling the E-READI weekly update table as supervised by Key Experts;
• Support on compiling Monitoring and Evaluation database;
• Contribute to the overall activities of the team and department as required;
• Work under supervision on an assigned research task;
• Carryout any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
• At least Bachelor’s Degree in economics, management international relations; policy analysis; evaluation; or relevant subject area. Master’s degree a distinct asset;
• At least having 1 / 2 year of experience in similar position or equivalent; of increasingly responsible administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Working experience with GIZ is an asset;
• Working experience with the EU a distinct asset;
• Knowledge of ASEAN political affairs;
• Knowledge of ASEAN economic and political Sector strategies and plans preferred;
• Knowledge of: functions specifically related to project assignments; research techniques and procedures;
• Office administration practices and procedures; principles and practices of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation;
• Advanced uses of word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard software to create documents and materials requiring the interpretation and manipulation of data;
• Ability to: Prepare clear, accurate and concise reports, records and other materials; communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; operate a computer using word processing, database and spreadsheet software; collect, evaluate and interpret varied information and data; interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures;
• Coordinate multiple assignments and meet critical deadlines; organize, set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility;
• Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position; compose correspondence from brief instructions; understand and follow written and oral instructions;
Evidence of knowledge and experience with different research methodologies, and the appropriate software;
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Proficiency in all MS-Office application, internet;
• Language skills: Excellent command of English in written and spoken
• Good working knowledge of telecommunication systems (Phone, fax, email).
• Ability to present complex information effectively to a range of audiences;
• Effective written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience working in a research environment;
• Experience of multi-disciplinary working;
• Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team;
• Commitment to high quality research;
• Degree in economics, management international relations or relevant subject area;
• Ability to speak Bahasa Indonesia and English proficiently;
• Experience in a government setting is highly desirable.
• Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader of The Enhanced Regional EU-ASEAN Dialogue Instrument (E-READI) project.
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of references) to email@example.com by November 21st, 2019 with subject line E-READI – Junior Advisor
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified