The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
In Indonesia, GIZ is implementing various energy projects under the umbrella of the Energy Program Indonesia/ASEAN. These projects are commissioned by mainly the German government, represented by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the International Climate Initiative, represented by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK).
The Energy Programme works across various thematic pillars and areas. Policy Advisory and technical assistance tasks to increase the uptake of renewables targeted at the political partners, ESDM as well as Bappenas, are synergized across various projects.
As part of the Programme’s pool of projects working with EBTKE, GIZ is currently implementing a project, funded by the International Climate Initiative (ICI) of the German Federal Government, called “Strategic Exploration of Economic Mitigation Potentials through Renewables“(ExploRE). The project aims to enhance strategic options on the renewable energies (RE) in the energy, climate, development and financial sectors and to help create a more coherent environment between key players.
The project organizes the activities in Indonesia under four outputs. Those are:
- RE deployment strategy:
- Political instruments and financial environment
- Institutional building
- Innovation To support implementation of the project, we seek one (1) motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position.
To support the Programme’s policy work targeted ab EBTKE and other government partners, we seek one (1) motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for this position. (Job title in SAP: Junior Energy Advisor).
- Together with Technical Advisors, acts as the focal point for the implementation of technical assistance to support Renewable Energy (RE) projects deployment in Indonesia, including technical aspect, financing instruments development, and digitalization.
- Act as active collaborator as a part of cross-cutting team within GIZ Energy Programme in relation with private sector engagement as well as RE expansion and fossil fuel phase-out, to provide joint strategy and solutions to the counterparts.
- In close consultation with ExploRE Technical Team, support the identification and development of new activities related with RE implementation, especially bioenergy, that are in line with the Project’s mandate and supportive for Indonesia’s energy and climate target.
- In close consultation with ExploRE Technical Team and GIZ IT team, support the identification of needs for and development of related IT tools for RE projects.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key players in the Indonesian RE market, including government, private sectors, technology providers, financial institutions, and other development partners.
- Support ExploRE Technical Team to seek opportunities for collaboration with relevant stakeholders within various sectors to foster better deployment of RE projects in Indonesia.
- Together with other Advisors, represent ExploRE project in events on specific topics relating to RE technical implementation, especially bioenergy.
- Reporting and documentation of project results.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
- Professional Advisory Services
- Support the implementation of technical and economic feasibility of pilot project activities in collaboration with public and private sectors, in cooperation with ExploRE Technical Team and external consultant.
- Support the ExploRE Technical Team in providing technical advisory on suitable RE technologies (especially bioenergy) and relevant business model concepts to be developed and implemented in Indonesia.
- Support ExploRE Technical Team in the development of related IT tools for RE projects.
- Support ExploRE Technical Team in overseeing, monitoring, and evaluating the implementation of related RE pilot projects.
- Support ExploRE Technical Team on related administrative matters such as contract for consultant, confirmation of services, drafting MoU and NDA with project partner.
- Coordination, Networking and Management
- Maintain effective communication and cooperation with political partner, specifically Directorate of Bioenergy, MEMR.
- Maintain and develop close contacts with other implementing partners such as other ministries, state-owned companies, and private sector.
- Support the other Advisors in actively maintaining and developing close contacts with other development partners to promote synergy and cooperation.
- Support the other Advisors in initiating contacts, developing cooperation, and fostering dialogues with international and national RE stakeholders, such as associations, technology providers, project developers, industries.
- Support the other Advisors in the identification and secureing cooperation with potential local and international consultants to support the delivery of the project outputs,
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with other advisors from other projects within the GIZ Energy Programme,
- Identifying potential collaborations with other projects within the GIZ Energy Programme
- Knowledge Management
- Stay abreast with the updates on national and international energy policies, initiatives, technologies, and applications.
- In close cooperation with Advisors for Knowledge and Information Management, documenting experiences and results from pilot projects and other activities for the development of knowledge products, including lessons learned reports, factsheets, and technology evaluation reports.
- Prepare and deliver presentation on the results of technical assistances to disseminate lessons learned and best practices to relevant stakeholders.
- In close coordination with Key Technical Advisor and other Advisors for Knowledge and Information Management, organize outreach and capacity building activities.
- Support programmatic knowledge management activities and production, and support sharing and learning within the Energy Programme, across projects.
- Other Duties / Additional Task
- Subject to discussions with the Lead Advisor, the Junior Advisor may be allocated for additional tasks and other duties for shorter periods.
- Assist the Energy Programme Director and Country Director on overarching issues related to the implementation of GIZ corporate strategy (eq. Vision 2028)
- At least a bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science major, or any field related to the project objectives.
- Minimum 1 (one) year working experience in related field.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in bioenergy (including with biogas, biomass, and others) as well as other RE technologies.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the development of IT tools, preferably related for RE technologies.
- Good communication and coordination skills, intercultural competences, and confident dealing with high-ranking representatives of the national and local partners.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good analytical skills as well as excellent organizational skills; efficiency, accuracy, and high-quality delivery of all work-related output; results and performance orientation
- Very good knowledge of IT, communication technologies, and relevant computer applications (e.g., MS Office).
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Availability to follow the code of conduct of the organization.
In case of suitability to different job openings currently published under the Energy Programme, applicants are encouraged to apply to different job openings if of interest (multiple applications).
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: March 1st, 2024
Direct Supervisor: Team Lead of ExploRE’s Project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter, comprehensive resume and copy of educational certificate (including training and list of references) as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 13th, 2024, with subject line ExploRE_Junior Advisor on RE Technologies.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.