The Forests and Climate Change Program (FORCLIME) supports the Government of Indonesia in its endeavour to mitigate the effects of climate change through forestry sector reform, capacity development and implementation of best management practices for sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation. Field-based activities are being supported in selected districts of the provinces of Papua, West Papua and Central Sulawesi to Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (“REDD” activities) and develop a forest-based bioeconomy. FORCLIME is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ (German International Cooperation) with the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry as the Program Executing Agency.
The Programme’s overall objective is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the forest sector while improving the livelihoods of Indonesia’s poor rural communities in Eastern Indonesia. To achieve this goal, the Programme team assists the Indonesian Government and provincial authorities in designing and implementing legal, policy and institutional reforms for the conservation and sustainable management of forests, at local, provincial and national level. Support to mobilize climate finance for forest resource management are a feature of the programme, providing decision-makers with experience of how REDD can be implemented “on the ground”.
- Support the coordination of programme activities of the FORCLIME project with the programme executing agency and its implementing agencies according to the objectives of the overall programme
- Contribute to Knowledge Management and Outreach for the overall programme, specifically in mainstreaming the results and experiences within the programme executing agency and among all involved institutions and organisations
- Conduct the Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the overall programme, which includes monitor the project progress, asses, and determine bottlenecks during the implementation of the Project, and implement the new system of Monitoring and Evaluation of the project.
- Support the technical and administrative implementation of hybrid/online meetings in accordance with GIZ guidelines.
- Support field activities within the FORCLIME project, depending on needs of the principal advisor
- Knowledge Management and Communication
- Conduct Knowledge Management and Outreach activities in cooperation with the IKM officer in FORCLIME’s and provide input to the IKM system and contribute to the website management
- Actively provide the link between M&E data and contribute to outreach documents (e.g. Website, Newsletter)
- Ensuring the information flow from Principal Advisors and Senior Coordinator to the relevant projects staff and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry
- Support the development of website content (e.g. newsletter articles, copy-editing of the publications both in English and Bahasa Indonesia)
- Support the technical and administrative implementation of hybrid/online meetings in accordance with GIZ guidelines
- Support the development of promotional materials based on the results from M&E system
- Networking and cooperation
- Support communication with the programme executing agency and its departments, other relevant government agencies at all levels, local communities, relevant local and international organisations, non-governmental bodies and persons within the programme’s environment as well as with other projects in order to enhance and maintain good working relationships and smooth implementation of Programme activities
- Facilitate communication and channel information from provincial level and aspirations and exchange ideas and information for the benefit of the Programme
- Design, prepare and implement workshops, seminars, and other events on subjects that are related to the programme’s field of activities
- Participate in and/or provide professional inputs to workshops, seminars and other events that are related to the Programme’s field of activities
- Organise and prepare field trips of associated experts and other project visitors and conduct field visits to relevant provinces and districts in accordance with the requirements of the programme, in close consultation with the principal advisor of the programme
- Prepares documentation in English and Indonesian, including translation if required
- Prepares information, materials and other support, including research on project related topics for events or activities.
- Participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with preparing and documenting these
- Assists in administrative processes of the project as needed and agreed with the Office Manager
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct Monitoring and Evaluation efforts and coordinate key advisors in monitoring tasks, including but not limited to: data collection, activity monitoring, result-based monitoring and GIZ results data;
- Support technical experts in their reporting tasks, including but not limited to: semi-annual and annual reports to project partner as well as data and materials for reporting to project donor;
- Monitor the project progress, assess and determine bottlenecks during the implementation of the Project, and recommend alternative courses of management actions to the Programme Director.
- Conduct the designing, implementing and monitoring the progress of the project.
- Conduct regular project progress monitoring meetings.
- Further development and implementation of M & E system and knowledge management as appropriate.
- Support the program director in other duties related with project management (e.g. external presentation, reporting, donor coordination).
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the superior
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in communication and/or monitoring and evaluation and reporting (equivalent of BA or MBA)
- Good overview of forestry and climate change issues
- Knowledge of relevant Government structures and procedures in environmental sector
- preferable who have 2-5 years of experience in a comparable position.
- Have a track record of published nationally and/or internationally papers/articles in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge in English
- Very good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams)
- Knowledge in graphic design software is desirable
- Experience in the management of social media and internet
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with the Principal Advisor
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Program Director
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on May 12th, 2021.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: FORCLIME – JA MER
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.