The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has years involvement in the area of renewable energy in Indonesia.
GIZ is currently implementing a project, funded by the International Climate Initiative (ICI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), called “Strategic Exploration of Economic Mitigation Potentials through Renewables“or ExploRE. The project aims to enhance strategic options on the renewable energies (RE) in the energy, climate, development and financial sectors and to help create a more coherent environment between key players.
The project organizes the activities in Indonesia under four outputs. Those are:
1. RE deployment strategy
2. Political instruments and financial environment
3. Institutional building
• Support key advisor for RE Technology for activities related to bioenergy from agro-industrial waste, particularly in the field of bioenergy related policy framework for Indonesia.
• Improve framework conditions for uptake of bioenergy, e.g. through more effective collaboration between key players to create new / additional options to utilize agrowaste, in accordance with the project’s mandate.
• Facilitate the implementation of public – private activities with focus on biomass and biogas applications in the agro-industry.
• Support key advisor for RE technology for pilot project implementation in bioenergy
• Develop new activities aligned with counterpart demand
• Support for local content development activity for bioenergy technology
1. Coordination, Networking and Management
• Support key advisor for RE technology to develop, maintain contacts and foster dialogue with other national stakeholders such as Indonesian ministries (e.g. Bappenas, DJK, MoF) NGOs, Indonesian and RE international technology providers (especially agro-industries), association, project developers and donors
• Develop Terms of References (ToR) for external consultants related to bioenergy
• Work with the national consultants and service providers related to bioenergy in pursuance of fixed deliverables
• Monitor project progress, assess and review technical reports and documents concerning project progress, determine bottlenecks and recommend alternative courses of management action to the principal advisor
• Documentation of concept implementation and strategy in coordination with KIM advisor for monitoring & reporting
2. Project Implementation
• Support key advisor for RE Technology to oversee, monitor and evaluate the implementation of bioenergy related pilot projects
• Identify and describe scaling up options of project activities jointly with stakeholders
• Work on the technical and economic feasibility assessment of suitable pilot projects in coordination with ExploRE team and external consultants.
• Research and evaluate innovative bioenergy technologies under Indonesian market conditions, in collaboration with KIM and RE Technology advisor
3. Local Content Development
• Support local content activity by preparing workshop and focus group discussion with close coordination with Directorate General for New and Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (DG NREEC)
• Developing local content database, regulation evaluation and recommendation in coordination with technical consultant
• Coordinate and communicate closely with various stakeholder, such as Ministry of Industrial, academic, manufacturer, vendors and association for local content activity.
4. Knowledge management
• Stay abreast of developments in global and Indonesian approaches for renewable energies and climate
• Document experience from pilot projects (challenges and best practices) for policy input and review
• Prepare presentation materials such as brochures, fact sheet and power-point presentations as outputs from pilot project results, RE technology evaluations or other related activities, in cooperation with KIM advisor
• Contribute to project planning, monitoring and RE strategy development, in cooperation with other advisors
5. Other duties / additional tasks
Subject to discussions with the Principal Advisor and key advisor of RE Technology, the junior Advisor may be allocated for additional tasks and other duties for shorter periods.
• Science orientated bachelor/master’s degree in environmental or engineering or comparable with good understanding of economic and technical aspects of bioenergy. Prior experience in renewable energy-related private sector in Indonesia is advantageous.
• 1 – 3 years working experience in related field.
• Very good communication skills with national stakeholders and experience in working in an international organisation
• Focussed and proactive working attitude
• Familiar with the major issues of renewable energy in Indonesia, ideally with previous exposure to international R&D institutions.
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Proficiency in all MS-Office application, internet;
• Language skills: excellent command of English, written and spoken
• Good working knowledge of telecommunication systems (Phone, fax, email).
• Able to adapt easily and to work independently while being a good team player;
• Working in international team
• Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to meet agreed targets;
• Availability to travel within Indonesia for short-term project visits
• Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expect to join: a.s.a.p.
Direct Report: Principal Advisor of the ExploRE Project
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on November 15th, 2019.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: ExploRE – Jr. Advisor Bioenergy
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified