The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
Indonesia’s impressive socio-economic development over the past two decades has brought with it a substantial negative impact on the environment. The continuing lack of urban infrastructure leads to widespread congestion, excessive pressure on electricity and water supplies and causes significant environmental impacts and further increased of emissions due to pollution in urban areas. The profound need for further policy reforms and increased investment in urban infrastructure to improve the provision of public services, reduce pollution and reduce CO2 emissions will be medium-term development plan for the years 2020-2024.
Against this background, the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Indonesian Ministry for National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) agreed to launch the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative in the framework of the bilateral government negotiations on 01.and 02. 10.2019. As part of the initiative, an additional EUR 2.5 billion will be made available for subsidized loans via the German Development Bank (KfW) for investments to promote environment- and/or climate-relevant infrastructure in Indonesia (Urban Public Transport, Solid Waste Management, Water and Wastewater Management), GIZ has been commissioned by BMZ with the implementation of the project Green Infrastructure Development (GID) as a Technical Cooperation assignment complimentary to the Financial Cooperation. In this context, the project aims to strengthen the Indonesian Government’s approach to the coherent identification and development of investment projects in the fields of support for the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative.
To this end, the planning agencies of selected provincial governments, under the coordination of the Ministry of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) and the Committee for the Acceleration of Priority Infrastructure Delivery (KPPIP) under the Coordinating Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Investment (CMMAI) and the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs (CMEA), in close coordination with key infrastructure financing institutions, will be supported in project development and implementation in the areas of future-oriented, climate-friendly transport turnaround, implementation of the national waste and marine waste strategy as well as in the area of climate and environmental protection in municipal of urban infrastructure.
- Assisting the Cluster Coordinator BMZ 1 in all administrative matters in relation to the management of the Cluster as well as of the Thematic Focal Areas under his responsibility
- Facilitating the organization of meetings, events and business travel related to the Cluster Coordinator BMZ 1
- Taking minutes at work meetings
- Managing contact database.
- Providing assistance for travel settlement for AVs/DVs under the disciplinary leadership of the Cluster Coordinator
- Providing assistance with document management related the Cluster and the Thematic Focal Areas
- Managing filing document in accordance with GIZ Processes and Rules (PuR)
- General administrative and event management
- Management of agenda of the Cluster Coordinator BMZ 1
- Coordinate time schedules for all business meetings, workshops, seminar, jour fixe etc.
- Coordinate and organise rooms for meetings including needed equipment etc.
- Implement office policies according to GIZ PuR
- Support the communication with relevant internal and external GIZ stakeholders, and other organizations.
- Facilitate GIZ-internal and external meetings, update agenda, taking minutes etc.
- Sets up a data base of contacts and update it regularly.
- Regularly update of forthcoming meetings and events.
- Travel Management
- Support the Cluster Coordinator BMZ 1 in planning and organization of domestic and international travels.
- Manage duty trips administration (DRA/Dienstreiseantrag) and travel cost settlement (RKA/Reisekosten Abrechnung) for the Cluster Coordinator BMZ 1
- Verification of travel settlement of AVs/DVs under the disciplinary leadership of the Cluster Coordinator BMZ 1
- Facilitate the management of the logistical aspects of international delegations/visits.
- Other administrative tasks
- Update the filing system, complying with GIZ standards (DMS)
- Communicate with the team of the Country Office Indonesia in relation to the above stated tasks whenever necessary
- Participate in meetings organized by the GIZ Country Office on administrative matters
- Support the Cluster Coordinator BMZ 1 in administrative matters related to the preparation of new projects in the Cluster
- Undertake further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required.
- Assist in and/or carry out other related tasks according to needs, as assigned
- BA in accounting and auditing or similar area
- at least 1year professional experience in the area of administration and finance
Other knowledge, additional competences
- very good written and oral English language skills
- good working knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications, including accounting software
- basic knowledge of GIZ Processes and Rules
- focused, proactive and positive working attitude
- demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a team
- excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other projects, international offices, and partners
- aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy
- adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- confidential handling of data and information
- willingness to further develop skills as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are to be agreed with the superior
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: ASAP
Direct Supervisor: Cluster Coordinator BMZ 1
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17th, 2021 with subject line GID – JAP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.