Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients. Our Private Sector Clients team works at the dynamic interface between the private sector and international cooperation.
As part of a new project in Indonesia, we are developing innovative concepts to strengthen regional waste management systems and expand existing plastic waste value chains. The aim of the project “Bersih Indonesia” is to sustainably reduce the plastic waste leakage into the environment by improving the waste management systems of Malang. The pilot phase in Malang will be followed by two scale-up projects in the regencies of Magelang and Sukabumi. In cooperation with regional authorities, the project seeks to improve the collection and treatment of municipal waste through systemic concepts and infrastructural measures, thereby reducing the harmful impact of waste on the environment. The development of regional waste strategies will be supported by a comprehensive monitoring approach of regional (plastic) waste streams and innovative business and financing models involving all relevant stakeholders. The long-term success of the measures is to be additionally ensured by the establishment of regional public waste management authorities.
The Junior Administrative Professional is responsible for a smooth organisational and logistical implementation of project activities
- Provide support (administrative, logistical, and communication) for the implementation of project activities;
- Assist the Team Leader and other team members in day-to-day project management;
- Contribute to day-to-day project correspondence and information sharing;
- Assist in the organization of and logistical preparation of workshops, visiting missions, field trips, and other project-related events and activities;
- Support the development of project reports;
- Prepare and support meetings with project partners and other stakeholders.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, or a related discipline;
- At least 2 years of experience in similar or equivalent positions;
- Ability to adapt easily and to work independently;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to meet agreed targets;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Willingness to upgrade skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Fully proficient in the following software applications: Word, Excel, and Power point.
Duty Station: Jakarta or Malang
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to email@example.com by May 5th, 2021 with subject line BI – JAdminP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.