The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government.
The global program “Sustainability and Value Added in Agricultural Supply Chains” is part of the special initiative “ONE WORLD – No Hunger” (SEWOH). On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the program promotes the sustainability of selected agricultural supply chains in partner countries.
Agricultural commodities like coffee, cocoa, natural rubber, palm oil or soybean play an important role for rural development in many developing and emerging countries where they form the basis for the life of millions of households. However, their production and processing are accompanied by numerous ecological, economic and social challenges. Often supplied as unprocessed raw material into global supply chains, limited value is added in producing countries. Many farming households are struggling to meet their basic needs and invest in sustainable production practices. Furthermore, coffee, cocoa, palm oil and soybean are often perceived as drivers of deforestation and forest degradation. With consuming markets and multi-national companies strengthening their efforts to eliminate deforestation and human rights abuses from the supply chain, sustainability of raw material is becoming a precondition for market access.
To address these challenges the program implements the project “Sustainability and Value Added in Agricultural Supply Chains in Indonesia” (SASCI+). SASCI+ focuses on natural rubber, palm oil, cocoa and coffee in two biosphere reserves in West Kalimantan and Central Sulawesi. By increasing the sustainable production of agricultural commodities and strengthening downstream processing and market linkages, the project aims to increase the farmers’ incomes, safeguard natural resources and establish deforestation free supply chains. SASCI+ follows a jurisdictional approach to align relevant stakeholders on shared objectives for sustainable production as a means for long-term market access and security of supply.
SASCI+ is implemented together with the Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture, the political partner of the project. The project furthermore cooperates with the Indonesian Ministry of the Environment and Forestry, regional and district governments in the targeted biosphere reserves, as well as stakeholders from civil society, research and the private sector involved in sustainable agricultural supply chains.
The project is recruiting a Junior Administrative and Financial Professional to support the implementation of activities in the Lore Lindu Biosphere Reserve in Central Sulawesi. The position will be shared with the GIZ Forests and Climate Change Program (FORCLIME).
- Ensure smooth handling of administration and financial management matters related to the project activities in Central Sulawesi
- Support the GIZ Team (SASCI+ and FORCLIME) in organizational matters where needed
- Follow and communicate rules and procedures of GIZ to team members and project partners
- Maintain regular communication with the GIZ Team in Jakarta on all administrative and financial matters
1. Procurement, contracts, and financial administration
- Monitoring of income and expenditure, and managing monthly cash reconciliation
- Support requests of funds to GIZ Country Office Indonesia based on the monthly budget plan and manages cash withdrawals
- Collecting and preparing proper receipts for bookkeeping, calculations, indicating its cost classification, and recording it into Winpacss cash on a daily basis
- Ensuring the completeness of supporting documents and verifying vouchers, incl. materially correctness for bank transactions (‘Maker’) to be released by the Jakarta office
- Preparing procurement for service and goods with value up to EUR 2.500, in coordination with the requesting officer and in compliance with GIZ regulations
- Administrative and financial handling of service provision contracts and the procurement of goods
- Following up third party receivable, obligo and monthly Error Sheet in Palu office based on project and office journal
- Checking incoming invoices and arranging the payment
- Settling advances for all travel and event-related matters in Palu office
- Filing of the confidential financial and contract section
- Operating the petty cash for the Palu Office, including maintaining cash book, monitoring the daily cash flow and recording transactions up to EUR 2.500
- Arranging monthly payments such us office operational expenses (mobile phone, internet/email and other fee)
- Calculating mobile phone use between official and private use, as well as processing the reimbursement
2. Secretarial work and support services
- Preparation of information, materials and other support to events or activities on behalf of the technical staff
- Supporting with correspondence and facilitating the internal distribution of letters including recording of incoming and outgoing letters
- Managing the vehicles, including monitoring the logbook
- Keeping track of and filing all asset related matters in Palu office with OnSite Asset
3. Events and travel management
- Arranging travel for staff in Palu office such as booking tickets, flights, hotel reservation, transport, etc. for domestic and international travel in coordination with the Jakarta Office
- Organizing and coordinating all aspects for planning, implementing and documenting meetings, workshops and other events with value up to EUR 2.500
- Monitoring the implementation of activities with regards to budget planning and financial matters
- Following up third party receivables for all travel & event-related matters, such as refunding air ticket, hotel payments, etc. based on project and office journal
- Monitoring the Millage (GFF, etc.)
- Supporting the settlement of advance payments for events and travel (RKA) for staffs and partners in Central Sulawesi
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or financial management
- At least 3 years of professional experience in accounting or finance management
- Experience in providing organizational support in international development cooperation projects
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Knowledge of GIZ procedures and rules related to financial management and accounting
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with the Principal Advisor
- Pro-active attitude, flexibility and service orientation in a fast-paced working environment
Duty Station: Palu, Central Sulawesi
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to email@example.com by December 3rd, 2020 with subject line SASCI+ JAFP Palu
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.