The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
The Indonesian government places a high priority on improving the quality and quantity of TVET. This initiative is mainly driven by the fact that despite the positive economic growth rates, the development of the labour market falls short of the Indonesian government’s expectation. Although the unemployment rate fell from 6.1% to 4.1% in 2012-2016 and that of youth unemployment from 19.5% to 15.4%, the 15-24 age group still represents the majority of the non-employed labour force at 58%. Furthermore, the open unemployment rate of graduates of TVET secondary schools (SMKs) in August 2017 is still high (23%, 1,621,402; source: BPS, 15 Dec 2017). The Indonesian government is, therefore, aiming for an extensive modernisation and expansion of the TVET system.
The project TVET System Reform 2.0 (TSR 2.0) is a follow-on project, a joint effort between the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs (CMEA) and the German Development Cooperation through GIZ, aiming at supporting the implementation of key elements of the Indonesian Government’s reform agenda on technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
The German and Indonesian Government are committed to implement a cooperation with the aim to support the Indonesian Government to implement key elements of the Indonesian Government’s National TVET Strategy. TVET System Reform 2.0 (TSR 2.0) Project implements the activities at 2 level, national and sub national level, i.e. in the national level, TSR Project support to strengthen the capacities of the National TVET Committee (KNV) to fulfil its mandate. The results hypothesis is as follows: Mandated by the Presidential Staff Office, KNV will submit proposals for harmonizing the divergent regulations in legislative procedures. In this way, overlapping responsibilities of the ministries involved are resolved and policy recommendations for a future oriented design of the VET system are formulated on the basis of a central data analysis. The intention is for the private sector to play a proactive, self-confident role in KNV and in sectoral TVET committee.
- Support the administrative and finance professional to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted functioning of the office site through organized and coordinated work mechanism, effective problem-solving of day-to-day concerns.
- Support the administrative and finance professional to ensure proper financial and administrative management according to GIZ rules and regulations
- Coordinating of all administrative and logistic arrangements of project activities (meetings, seminars, trainings, workshops etc.)
- Manages local procurement, IT and database systems and infrastructure
- Support to communication with relevant internal and external GIZ stakeholders and other organization
- Facilitate GIZ internal and external meetings, update agenda etc
- Implement office policies according to GIZ PuR
- Takes over work of other administrative staff and/or other tasks relevant to the job or organization unit when the need arises and participates in task teams and other corporate entrepreneurial or strategy-linked endeavours
- Managing inventory according to the regulations.
- Organizing transportation, accommodation, and other logistic support of visitors of the project
- Manages domestic travel of all project personnel
- Monitoring availability of supplies and performs procurement-related activities up to the specified guideline amount
- Assists in contract initiation, preparation and finalization-related activities up to the specified amount.
- Managing contact database
- Managing filing document in accordance with GIZ Processes and Rules (PuR)
- Assists in all required administrative tasks to maintain regulatory compliance of the GIZ country office in Jakarta.
- Reporting of all problems involving administration and regulations to the Senior advisor.
Finances and Accounting
- Checks incoming invoices and arranges the payment.
- Reviews and certifies the contractors’ financial documents in line with the budget and gives recommendations for final voucher preparation and possible reimbursement
- Processes settlement of applications for the reimbursement of projects travel expenses
Travel & Event Management
- Provide assistance for travel arrangement of domestic and international travels of staff of the projects
- Manage duty trip administration (Request of Business Trip) and travel cost settlement
- Manage logistics and documentation (list of participants) of meetings, workshops, seminars, and other project activities inside and outside the office
- Coordinate equipment etc required for meetings with the responsible person
Contract and Procurement
- Prepare, arrange and follow up contracts and procurements for local consultants based on ToR with the respective GIZ units (Country Office)
- Monitor the status of contract implementation and payment by using a database
- Coordinate and communicate with contract officer in the country office
- Monitor and follow up the tax exemption process for contracts and procurement
- File contract documents where requires according to O&R
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Immediately report all problems involving finance and administrative regulations without delay.
- Participates in projects’ and office finance and admin team meetings to understand needs and ensure smooth supports.
- Keep him/herself updated with the changes in P+R and update the project where needed.
- Assist is branch office extension process.
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and other tasks as assigned by the Project
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Management, Accounting or equivalent
- At least 3-year professional experience in the administration and finance
Other knowledge, requirements and additional competences
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral;
- Good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Office 365)
- Focused, proactive, and positive working attitude
- demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a team
- excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other projects, international offices, and partners
- Proven negotiation skills with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
- confidential handling of data and information
- Must be a strong team player, organized and efficient.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 21st September 2021.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: TSR – JAS
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.