Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients. Our Private Sector Clients team works at the dynamic interface between the private sector and international cooperation.
As part of a new project in Indonesia, we are developing innovative concepts to strengthen regional waste management systems and expand existing plastic waste value chains. The aim of the project “Bersih Indonesia” is to sustainably reduce the plastic waste leakage into the environment by improving the waste management systems of Malang. The pilot phase in Malang will be followed by two scale-up projects in the regencies of Magelang and Sukabumi. In cooperation with regional authorities, the project seeks to improve the collection and treatment of municipal waste through systemic concepts and infrastructural measures, thereby reducing the harmful impact of waste on the environment. The development of regional waste strategies will be supported by a comprehensive monitoring approach of regional (plastic) waste streams and innovative business and financing models involving all relevant stakeholders. The long-term success of the measures is to be additionally ensured by the establishment of regional public waste management authorities.
The Accountant is responsible for the financial administration of the project in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
- Effectively coordinate with the staff of the Finance Team at GIZ Head Office and the staff of the Finance Unit of GIZ Office Indonesia;
- Carry out accounting on the basis of WINPACS cash / bankbook;
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliation;
- Prepare and control monthly program journal / financial report;
- Check vouchers and receipts submitted by the project for completeness and allocation to cost units and categories and correct them where necessary;
- Monitor real accounts (i.e. payables, receivables, etc.) and regularly report to the Admin and Finance Manager;
- Report large discrepancies in the journals to the Finance Manager and the Head of Administration and Finance;
- Prepare error sheets for the project and follow up on completion reports;
- Responsible for filing and labelling of files in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting or equivalent;
- At least 3 years’ of professional experience in accounting or a comparable position;
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technology (i.e. related software, telephone, fax, email, internet, etc.) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Working experience with GIZ is an asset;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in the handling of data and information;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral;
- Must be highly adaptable, proactive and have the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent numerical and communication skills;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures to be agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta or Malang
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to email@example.com by May 5th, 2021 with subject line BI – JAP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.