Profile of the BANTU Project:
Palladium’s Health Technical Assistance (BANTU) is a five-year project (October 2015 – October 2020), which provides USAID and the Government of Indonesia (GOI) with a flexible mechanism to effectively and efficiently mobilize the technical expertise needed (offered either through subject-matter experts or organizations) to advance national and global health priorities set forth in USAID’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS).
Purpose of Position
The Finance and Administrative Assistant is a full-time position to support the Senior Operations Manager and the Senior Finance Officer. This position will play a key role in supporting the successful implementation of the BANTU Project. As well as undertaking general administrative tasks this position has responsibility for four key areas: financial administration and bookkeeping, maintaining assets and project tracking systems, and providing administrative support for the operations of the project.
The position reports to the Senior Operations Manager (SOM), BANTU Project
1. Finance (this will involve close coordination with the Senior Finance Officer):
• Regularly maintain and update financial records including checking, verifying, and recording the project’s financial transactions
• Check, process and record all the payments, administer invoices and expenses claims received, and code items to approved budgets
• Reconcile financial transactions on-line and ensure that all expenditures coded and charged correctly and code items to approved budgets
• Working closely with the Senior Finance Officer in preparing the Field Voucher report, tax report, BPJS payment and reporting and other related report as regulated by Palladium and the Client
• Support the Senior Finance Officer with the cash transfer requests.
• Maintain finance tracking systems for advances, Level of Effort (LOE), Work Orders, charge codes etc.,
• Filing, scanning, duplicating, and shipping of field vouchers to the US Office every month
• Provide backstop to the Senior Finance Officer as needed and directed by the COP
• Collected and record the employees’ time sheet for project office file (bi-weekly)
• Manage the project’s assets and ensure accurate Assets Register maintained
• Responsible for overall administration function of the project
• Assist COP and Senior Operations Manager and other team members to compile and document program information for reports, publications and communications, as needed
• Provide secretarial and administrative support to COP and other team members to facilitate and support the smooth management of the project
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive electronic and paper filing system for the project office, including database of all partners and contact information
• Support the Senior Finance Officer with procurement and purchasing and other contractual requirements
• Establish and maintain supplier/vendor files and account
• Maintain the project purchase order system
• Support the project’s procurement and purchasing, and other contractual requirements.
• Develop minutes of routine staff meetings and other project-related meetings
• Assist with the preparation, review and editing of documents, presentations, reports, proposals, and excel spread sheets
• Organize translation, editing, and publication of reports, task-related deliverables, briefing notes, etc
• Maintain shared document libraries, archives, calendars, etc., using Palladium web-based management information systems
• Serve as point person for all IT related issues with coordinate with the IT Support Centre
• Assist with special projects and perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
• Relevant bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree (preferred)
• At least 3 years of program management experience and increasing responsibility with USAID-funded projects.
• Proven experience and knowledge of USAID procurement, management, operations, and financial/budget systems.
• Demonstrated experience in project / program administration, including support to consultancy work, recruitment / mobilisation and contracting / invoicing, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive in managing work priorities, juggle competing priorities and work with minimal supervision,
• Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a small team.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in the work products developed
• Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and work in a high-pressured environment.
• Willingness to “go the extra mile” to ensure that the job is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Sound understanding / experience in financial processing and management
• Good written and verbal communication, liaison and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Excellent skills in database applications
Only local Indonesian candidates will be considered for this position.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and salary history
POSITION INFORMATION: The initial contract will be for one-year (with a possibility of an extension). Only Indonesian citizens may apply.