Hutan Itu Indonesia (HII) is a campaign-based organization consisting of people and organizations who want to conserve Indonesia’s forests through campaigns that use positive messages and that inspire real action. The HII movement was initiated on April 22, 2016, in Jakarta. HII welcomes all parties who wish to join, either through collaboration to create joint activities or other initiatives that are in line. HII’s strength lies in the collaboration carried out with a sincere heart and high enthusiasm to develop and implement programs that are fun and with real action. This is an important key to raising awareness that forests play a role in the lives of all Indonesian people and building a sense of belonging to Indonesia’s forests.
The HII targets touch awareness and increasing interest, especially urban youth aged 17-35 years, in terms of (i) The value of Indonesia’s forests; and (ii) Practical ways to contribute to protecting Indonesia’s forests. HII focuses on campaigns as part of the stakeholder’s ecosystem in terms of bridging forest conservationists in the field with urban communities as educational targets to increase awareness and interest in taking action to protect Indonesia’s rainforests.
Position with the HII Daily Team
To achieve this target and continue to strengthen awareness, the HII is planning several strategic programs this year involving organizations and communities in several major cities in Indonesia. Information about HII programs and activities can be checked on the website https://hutanitu.id/. To ensure that HII’s campaign programs and activities, as well as collaborative partnerships, can be implemented effectively and in accordance with the target impact of protecting Indonesia’s forests, HII requires a strong and effective fundraising function.
Therefore, in 2021, HII opens a fundraising unit that focuses on several funding channels such as public funding, community partnerships, private and institutional funding as well as grant funding. For this reason, HII needs a Fundraising (unit) Coordinator who will be in charge of developing a portfolio and funding targets through many channels as possible.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising Coordinator coordinates fundraising strategies and is responsible for supporting major fundraising programs. Assists in the development of fundraising goals and soliciting funds. Being a Fundraising Coordinator helps to identify new potential donors and organizes initiatives to solicit funding. The Fundraising Coordinator will work with the Fundraising Unit and other Units within the HII Daily Team with the following scope of work:
- Implementing HII’s fundraising strategy as well as an annual work plan to get new supporters/ donors through various channels especially on the institutional, grant, and corporate support.
- Provide support and work with supporters, other Daily Team, Consultants, and the HII Core Team in developing and updating fundraising strategies.
- Ensure that lead generation and lead conversion activities for fundraising from channels are coordinated with other retention and acquisition activities, perform as high as possible, and maximize return on investment.
- Coordinate and work closely with the digital and social media unit that can feed into the broader social media strategy. Coordinate the implementation of fundraising’s use of social media, ensuring an integrated and consistent plan across teams.
- Prepare weekly internal reports and development of fundraising activities.
- Provide ideas and input for developing fundraising management and developing partnerships to improve fundraising performance.
This position requires technical skills related to marketing and fundraising, but also strong communication skills due to the position of working closely with various stakeholders and public communications. The qualifications required are:
- Have a good English language proficiency and skills, as a representative for the funding partners which mostly from abroad.
- D3 or Bachelor degree from any major, but from Economy, Communication or Marketing major would be a plus.
- Has more than 3 years of experience doing fundraising or marketing, experience in non-governmental organizations would be a plus. Have experience managing projects and also have knowledge and understanding of the NGO sector.
- Have good ability to use office software such as office software in terms of making reports and presentations.
- Have the ability to operate web-related software including but not limited to experience in segmenting audiences, analyzing and tracking data, CRM management, email marketing, social media ads, social media management, knowledge, and experience of raising public funds online. Aside from that such as Mail Chimp or Getresponse, design applications and know technically how crowdfunding donation pages in Indonesia.
- Have integrity, are honest, and uphold organizational ethics.
- Have an understanding of the workflow of a non-profit organization.
- Able to take own decisions and initiatives.
- Can act as a team player and facilitate group work.
- Promote open communication within the team and communicate effectively.
- Able to create synergy through restraint and empathy.
- Able to resolve conflicts.
- Believe in the spirit of learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the practice of learning from one another.
- Upholding transparency and well-informed decision-making.
- Salary Offer >Rp10.000.000