The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development with around 16,400 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and public and private sector clients in around 130 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The GIZ Office Indonesia is seeking 2 (two) qualified Indonesian candidates for this position.
- Support in relevant activities related to IT services in the projects.
- Assist Information Technology (IT) systems in the operation of the projects.
- Support in the development of implementation plan regarding IT aspect in the related projects.
- Support in monitoring of IT systems in projects implementation.
- Taking part on providing strategic and technical advice in IT systems and IT service to the projects.
- Liaison between the projects and GIZ Country Office in related issues of IT aspect.
- Assist the development of capacity-building material regarding IT aspects for project staff.
- Provide advice on the framework of innovation and knowledge management related to the IT aspect.
- Management and Coordination:
- Support in the implementation of ISO 27001
- Assist IT coordinator to compile relevant information regarding IT development.
- Support the projects concerning problem mitigation and problem-solving in the IT aspect.
- Prepare ToR for technical consultant works for the projects in the IT support area.
- Supervise technical consultants and interns for supporting the implementation of the project in the IT support area.
- Assist the projects to conduct continuous project monitoring and evaluation in the IT aspect.
- Ensure timely reporting to IT coordinator the projects.
- Evaluate results of activities related to the IT aspect and give input/feedback for better implementation.
- Professional Advisory Services:
- Support the Information Technology System including providing support in managing the databases for the projects.
- Oversee the running of IT Systems, troubleshoot, and deliver services related to IT matters, in accordance with the IT system as required in the projects.
- Oversee system capacity of existing IT System requirements and advice on future needs for the projects.
- Provide information for inventory officers in projects to ensure and manage inventory lifetime circle respectively maintains a database with necessary information on every user/workplace/item.
- Provide technical equipment set up and maintenance for all staff of projects.
- Provide an approach to ensure that backups by the user’s data/documents at least once a month.
- Provide troubleshooting based on requests of users (both via remote desktop and on the spot based on needs).
- Document all existing IT devices of the projects, check their status, and advise on the next steps (upgrade, repair, reset, disposal).
- Support the GIZ IT Personnel in GIZ Country Office regarding GIZ IT Regulation and Implementation.
- Administer the Local Area Network (LAN) system in the premises of the projects.
- Maintain the ‘shared folders and printer’ as the administrator of the network in the premises of the projects.
- Handle the user authorization in the network.
- Support in troubleshooting for the network for the projects based on requests both via team viewer and on the spot
- Give and collect recommendations to improve the network (in technical terms and in regard to the usage).
- Support and update a backup strategy in the projects based on agreement with each project.
- Support Office Managers in the projects to advise the functioning of the network, phone system, and computer hardware.
- Ensure security of the network, IT devices, and Server.
- Provide a recommendation on IT Security systems to the projects.
- Support in CCTV and Alarm system network maintenance.
- Support in troubleshoot problem regarding CCTV and alarm system.
- Provide training on how to use CCTV and alarm system.
- Support the projects with the design, preparation, and implementation of workshops, seminars, and other events in the IT aspect. Develop and organize quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives.
- Networking and Cooperation:
- Ensure cooperation between the projects with GIZ Country Office in the IT aspect.
- Travel (abroad) or in the region, in accordance with projects requirements
- Communicate interest and aspirations and exchange ideas and information related to the IT aspect for the benefit of the projects’ implementation.
- Knowledge Management:
- Compile information related to IT development and ensure knowledge transfer to all staff in the projects.
- Prepare report and presentation materials related to IT development to be disseminated internally within the projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science is preferable or another related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the area of the information technology
- Experiences in working with or facilitating cooperation
- Experience in supporting in event facilitation, including handling IT equipment for virtual events
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia both written and spoken
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management IT infrastructure program development, implementation and coordination, systems management, internet/intranet systems, and IT training
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Professional and able to work in a team
Duty Station: Jakarta
Direct Supervisor: IT Coordinator, GIZ Office Indonesia
Expected Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, latest educational certificate, trainings attended and list of references, addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on December 4th, 2022.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: GIZ Indonesia – IT Specialist.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified