One map policy as national priority program has been facing many challenges. One of the main issues is on the indigenous people rights and its tenurial conflict with concession rights. However, there is a best practice from Sorong regency as the first and only Perda in West Papua Province which is operationalized to be implemented to promote indigenous people rights on its land rights. As far as CSOs in Papua land working on land mapping they have found that the decision from local authority is the final stage to legalize their works.
GIZ would like to see whether this achievement of Sorong regency could be replicated for other regions in Papua Province and West Papua Province. For this purpose, GIZ will conduct a research to capture all key success factors that can be recommended to KPK to be included into yearly Corruption Prevention Action Plan for its regions of both provinces.
- Conducting research on key success factors of Perda Sorong 10/2017
- Providing a draft of recommendations for KPK on how to replicate the success story for other regions
The following tasks provide a framework and can be adjusted during the internship to the degree necessary:
- Developing research methodology
- Conducting research.
- If needed interns will do the field visits to meet indigenous people community of Moi in Sorong and the local authorities.
- Disseminating the result to the stakeholder
- Developing draft of recommendation for KPK and GIZ
- Prepare and send invitations to coordinate the data collection processes
- Last grade student or fresh graduate with Bachelor of Arts degree, International Relations, Law, Business Administration, Communication, Economics, or its equivalents
- Experienced in field works activities as volunteer or member of organization
- Has a good basic knowledge on indigenous people rights
- Good communication skills with different background of people
- Knowledge and skill about digitalization
- Has sufficient knowledge on law and regulations related to indigenous people rights and land entitlement
Other knowledge and additional competences
- Good communication, organizational, and informational organization skills
- Intercultural understanding
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and ability to work minimum supervision
- Experience with research works
- Has a very good writing skill
- Ability to work in a team
The internship is available for college or university student or graduated not longer than one year after graduation from a college or university
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than one years ago.
Duty Station: Homebased, Sorong regency
Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
Duration: 5 months
Expected Joining Date: as soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Adviser of Assistance in Preventing and Combating Corruption
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume and a motivation letter to: : email@example.com before November 27, 2020.
Please put: APCC Intern as your email subject and name the files using following format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified