Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (Plan Indonesia) has been established and working in Indonesia since 1969, operated under Plan International Indonesia as an International Non- Governmental Organisation. In 2017 Plan International Indonesia officially registered as a national foundation and started fully operating as Yayasan Plan International Indonesia 2018. Our purpose is to advance child’s rights and the equality of girls.
Plan Indonesia as a member of Plan Internationa, has a core program on child sponsorship which is currently sponsoring more than 36,000 sponsored children in East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) Province. We also target directly benefiting 1 million girls through four programmatic and influencing works.
Four Programmes include Child Development and Protection (CDP), Adolescent Health and Agency (AHA), Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (YEE), Humanitarian and Resilience Program (HRP). Plan Indonesia works with partner organizations through many grant projects to support underserved and vulnerable girls, boys, young people, and their communities through various development and humanitarian projects.
Plan Indonesia is also running the Girls Get Equal campaign to create space for equal freedom, power, and representation for girls. Girls Get Equal campaign signature is Girls Take Over and Girls Leadership Academy. Our campaign advocacy priority agenda for the past years is Ending Child Early, Forced Marriage (CEFM), and promoting gender-sensitive and inclusive policies.
Having an affiliation with Plan International, Plan Indonesia is required to publish communications products such as Annual Report, Monthly Newsletter, Article, Press Release, Infographic and Policy Brief. Plan Indonesia’s communication department has employed several communications staff. The support from interns will help accelerate the work speed of the communications staff and ensure all deadlines can be met.
Thus, the Communications team of Plan Indonesia is seeking an intern. The primary objective is to provide internship placement in Plan Indonesia for final-year students or fresh graduates. The internship program will be beneficial for Plan Indonesia and the interns.
- The primary objective of the internship program is to support Public Relations Specialist to execute media and public relations activities contributing to National Communication of Plan These activities include developing communication products (success story, summary for the newsletter, etc.), maintaining a website to be updated with the latest communication products, maintaining media and stakeholder’s database, translating articles, and many more.
- Provide internship placement for students or fresh graduates and exposure to the working environment of an NGO and a better understanding of various development issues as well as Plan Indonesia’s goals and
- Final year students or fresh graduates in communications, international relations, public relations, or related fields
Experience, knowledge, and skill
- Excellent skilled in popular writing
- Have a good sense of art in graphic design and photography
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentations skills
- Online media experience
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Strong communication skills
- Understand human rights and child rights
- Excellent in English (both speaking and writing)
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain focus
- Good presentation and communication skills
- The interns will have experience working in a professional setting to exercise their English- Indonesian language and writing skills. At the same time, interns will have valuable access to learn about various development issues from a reputable organization and professional
- Plan Indonesia will receive support intern on communications-related work
SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
Time: Around 3-4 months
Location: Jakarta Office with the possibility of remote work
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by email email@example.com now not later than 24 January , 2022