The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
SUTRI NAMA as registered with the UNFCCC aims to tackle challenges of growing urban traffic congestion and increasing urban transport related greenhouse gas emissions by transforming urban transport in Indonesia with a mix of capacity-building and investment measures provided through a national sustainable urban transport programme. SUTRI NAMA is implemented starting December 2017 with the support from the NAMA Facility through GIZ as the delivery organization.
A technical assistance component namely Indonesia Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Development Project (INDOBUS), funded by the State Secretariat of Economic Affairs of Switzerland (SECO) added to SUTRI NAMA for the development and start-up of bus rapid transit (BRT) corridors in selected pilot cities of Indonesia. The component has been working at both local and national levels in the field of BRT planning, project management support, BRT operations management, public transport funding as well as reform of the private minibus-sector towards participation in operating consortiums. At national level coordination has to be sought between the several relevant line ministries; best-practice examples / project achievements have to be documented, published and promoted for replication.
- Under the advisor’s supervision, the Intern is responsible to supporting Advisor BRT and Bus System in providing technical advice and assistance on infrastructure, non-motorized transport and environment issue in the area of Bus Rapid Transit and bus system
- Together with project team, under the coordination of Programme Director, to ensure all milestones in both SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS components are achieved timely
The following tasks provide a framework and can be adjusted during the internship: • Support advisors and programme leaders to assist partner cities in feasibility studies for BRT corridors; • Support advisor in assist administrations in pilot cities on BRT project design, planning, project management, monitoring of progress, setting up of BRT management and services and working together with national and international consultants as well as relevant project team member in SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS; • Support advisor assist administrations in partner cities with respect to integration of BRT with existing public and individual transport modes, handling of road traffic versus public transport, promotion of BRT towards stakeholders and users (e.g. assisting in public transport mapping and timetable optimisation), and non-motorized transport integration; • present a consistent corporate image and communicating GIZ corporate policy and strategy to staff in the programme; • Support in development of national level public transport regulations with particular emphasis on its alignment with road transport regulation and promotion of integrated BRT systems; • Cooperation and participation in the development of training and capacity building and capacity strengthening strategy, e.g. participating in workshops and trainings; • Under the coordination of Principle Advisor and Technical Personnel (Advisors), become a contact person and liaison with officials of counterparts related on BRT issues; • Maintain networking and linkages with relevant activities conducted by other developing agencies.
• Currently enrolled in Master’s degree program with a focus on: Urban Management, Transport Planning or Urban Planning;
• Broad interest and sufficient knowledge in public transport, Bus Rapid Transit and Non-Motorized Transport as well as project management is advantageous;
• Proficiency in the Indonesian and English language (reading and writing)
• Presentation and writing skills
• Excellent communication skills in both Indonesian and English
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in dealing with partners, donors and team members, including responsive, respect and helpful attitude
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
• Excellent command of MS – Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Fluent language skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
• Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than one year ago.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
Expected Joining Date: December 2019
Duration of Internship: up to 6 months
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before November 10th, 2019.
Please put: SUTRI NAMA INDOBUS – Internship as your email subject and name the files using following format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified