Sosial Bisnis Indonesia (SOBI) is the first natural resource management-based company which was established in 2016 with the mission of shared ownership and sustainable management. SOBI acts as a market hub to promote and connect sustainable wood-derived products from the community-based cooperatives to fulfill the market demands. Preceding to providing the better access to the market in a broader term, SOBI also provides the assessment and certification process for natural resource-derived products (FSC and SVLK) so the sustainable principles are met.
SOBI’s establishment was inspired by the importance of sustainability on natural resource management to be seen as an instrument for conserving the biological biodiversity as well as maintaining the balance of resources base. Yet, the fact that sustainable natural resources management is hard to be adopted if communities still challenged with economic and operational problems resulting the unsustainable way of their common practices. SOBI therefore presents better and long-term breakthrough for forest communities by providing access to sustainable market with fairly better price while ensuring the sustainability of the forest.
Currently SOBI needs a dedicated Internal Control System who will be responsible to ensure SOBI and partners activities comply with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage good communication with certification body to coordinate the certification process.
- Report the findings without fear or favors. Act as document controller for Internal Control System Department.
- Organize the documents both in soft and hard file for Internal Control System Department. Check the accuracy and completeness of the monitoring report from partners in accordance to FSC principles.
- Coordinate with Relationship Management Department in regards to the deadline of monitoring report from partners. Understand well of internal system in SOBI. Prepare supporting documents for certification process
- Held training with field supervisor regarding SOBI’s standard operational procedure and socialization module
- Conduct an internal inspection based on FSC standard and criteria for existing cooperatives and new cooperatives
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or Forestry
Minimum 2 years’ experience in forestry or agriculture
Professional and Personal Competencies and Traits required:
- Knowledge and understanding of forestry issues
- Understand well about FSC certification process
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- Detail oriented
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills
- Able to work in team and individual
- Proven ability of demonstrating initiative and creativity to achieve desired outcomes