The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Since the roll-out of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the government of Indonesia has showed strong commitment to get inline with the goals that can be seen in the systematic approached to mainstream the SDGs Indicators into the formal development planning at all level of governance. However, this effort is not without challenges. The core principles of SDGs, among others, Leave No One Behind and Multi-Stakeholders Partnership are not that easy to realize.
The business as usual of the Indonesian government is working alone and non-inclusive. So, the habit of the government officials to go ahead with themselves is already formed strong. This has proven to be an obstacle in properly adopting SDGs. For this reason, there is a big need to facilitate the process of bringing the state actors and the other non-state actors on board.
In the previous SFF SDGs project, the facilitation support already been done from within the government partner reaching out to the non-state actors and the results has indicated that an approach is needed to be made available from the other end back to the government. Meaning, the facilitation support is needed to be done from within the non-state actors reaching back to the state actors.
Religious organization is one of the most potential NSA as it is usually has a programmatic approach to develop its’ followers. Supports are provided to the most in need (touching the principle leave no one behind) of the followers and can be in the field of economy, education, health, and even environment. However, similar to the government, for some reasons, the religious organization is also tend to work alone.
The SDGs framework that already been developed by the government of Indonesia is having a potential to bring them together. If the available tools been introduced and guided properly to the religious organizations, it is expected to gain positive results and have the Partnership between the two realized. In a long run, this could then be linked to other actors to create a real Multi-Stakeholders Partnership.
A part of the efforts in realizing MSP between the religious organizations and the other actors is by developing proper communication materials that may strategically supporting the ROs in implementing development programs that are contributing the achievement of SDGs within its’ communities and reach out to broader communities.
- Support administrative services for the project.
- Secretarial support for project.
- Support assistance with event organization & travel managements.
- Supports assistance with contract and procurement processes
- Support for project document filing in accordance with GIZ rules
- Support the administrative & filing of Local Subsidy project with University’s SDGs Center
- Project Administrative
- Arrange meeting link for project team members and partners
- Support project’s Administrative Professional in daily administrative tasks.
- Financial & Administrative services
- Support to file (hardcopy) the project monthly vouchers in folder.
- Support to organize and file (softcopy & hardcopy) the vouchers settlement from Local Subsidy project
- Events and Travel Management
- Assist the Administrative Professional for logistics and organization of meetings, workshops and seminars for the advisors and partners.
- Support to follow up and collect necessary document (attendance list, offer & invoice from resources person, etc) to be checked by Administrative Professional before submitted to Country Office Indonesia.
- Contract & Procurement
- Support the Administrative Professional to proceed project team’s request on procurement of goods and services
- Support to follow up and collect necessary document (offering letter, summary bid analysis, timesheet, reports, invoice) to be checked by Administrative Professional before submitted to Country Office Indonesia.
- Support the Administrative Professional to list all project’s assets on the onsite asset system and ensure all assets are labelled according to the system.
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Assist the Administrative Professional related tasks according to needs, as assigned.
- Keep all the documents, operations, and information confidential inside and outside the program team.
- Coordinate and organise rooms for meetings including needed equipment in coordination with Country Office Indonesia.
- Set up & update the partner’s contact database, in coordination with advisors.
- Fresh graduate or bachelor student in Economy or Management or Social Studies
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance,
- Basic knowledge of a good filing system,
- Strong interest to work on issues related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or Agenda 2030 implementation in Indonesia
- Knowledge and skills about digitalization,
- Good conceptual, inter-personal communication, self-employment, coordination, facilitation, and representation skills,
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good communication, organizational and information management skills,
- Proven skill in doing tasks thoroughly and accurately,
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision,
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word),
- Proficiency in English and very good writing skills,
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than one years ago.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
Expected Joining Date: ASAP
Duration of Internship: 6 months
Reporting to: Principal Advisor / Administrative Professional
Remuneration: The intern will in accordance with GIZ regulations receive a cost-of-living stipend intended to cover living expenses and accommodation if the intern basically resides outside Jabodetabek
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume and a motivation letter to: email@example.com before August 9th, 2021
Please put: SDGs – INTERN as your email subject and name the files using following format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified