Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International has operated in Indonesia since 1969, and in 2017 Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (Plan Indonesia) was established as a national entity of Plan International in Indonesia. YPII is currently implementing its Country Strategy 5 (CS 5) covering the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 to 2027, where the country’s purpose is in line with the global Plan International’s Purpose “to advance children’s rights and equality for girls”. Our ambition is to enable at least 3 million girls and young women to Learn (gain skills for work), Lead (empower to take action on issues that matter to them), Decide (have control over their own lives and bodies), and Thrive (grow healthy and protected from violence). It means that we will take action to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children, especially girls, and young women from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society. This goal will be achieved by implementing quality programmes and projects as well as influencing decision-makers and key stakeholders to make the required changes. Within the context of VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous) world, an NGO like Plan Indonesia, has to adapt and innovate to ensure that we stay relevant, impactful and sustainable.
IT Manager has to develop annual IT strategic direction for YPII as an organization in line with Country Strategy 4 and subsequent Country Strategy as well as global IT direction. S/he will take a lead in digitalization project of the organization from conception to implementation that enable YPII to operate more efficiently. S/he will be responsible to manage IT operation in Indonesia and provide IT advice and services to all departments that require digitalization in their process and activities. S/he will coordinate the availability of IT resources and assets for all YPII staff. This position also includes supervisory responsibility on other IT team members. S/he will report to Operation Director and liaise with IT team from Global Hub and Regional Hub as required.
- Provide strategic advice (conception) and implementation plan for digitalization effort of YPII.
- Lead IT project implementation for YPII by bringing all relevant stakeholders to the project and gives regular update to Operation Director and other CLT and CMT as needed.
- Perform IT operation management in-line with CS5 target and subsequent CS.
- Keep abreast of changes in trend and technology especially on the digitalization of operation.
- Develop and update IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably.
- Keep on the loop of other type of IT and technology usage by other departments.
- Perform other related duties as requested by Supervisor.
Digitalization of Organization
- Coordinates with Operation Director and CMT on the need for digitalization across organization.
- Analyse the existing system and develop plan to migrate from manual based to digital based system that bring more efficiency in operation.
- Partner with outside providers and select the best solution available for the organization to adopt and implement.
Budget Management and Monitoring
- Prepare accurate annual IT operation budget for YPII on time.
- Monitor the cost of IT operation and explanation for budget vs. actual on quarterly basis.
- Review and monitor of IT purchase under grant funding to ensure the purchase align with donor requirement.
- Maintain list of IT related assets that purchase under sponsorship funding and grant funding.
- Develop and manage contacts with external vendors, consultant and IT service providers on behalf of IT.
- Coordinate with Logistic to ensure the list is updated on quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure proper depreciation for purchase IT assets on annual basis and when the asset is purchased.
Maintenance of IT infrastructure for offices in Indonesia
- Provide best practice models and tools to ensure smooth IT development and operation for YPII.
- Supervise and maintain Local Area Network (LAN) whether using Wifi and Ethernet, email access, internet access, proper data.
- Ensures all desktop and laptop are updated in term of OS and core applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Antivirus) on time with minimal disruption to operation.
- Ensure proper maintenance for desktop, laptop, UPS, printer, corporate website and other IT related fixed assets and software license (purchase and subscription) in coordination with Logistic.
- Ensure the availability and sufficiency of support systems to end-users.
- Coordinate with IT global on the SAP access and other Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Identify training needs for end users.
- Supervise the development of orientation materials for all staff in operate the IT hardware, IT software, and access to the enterprise resource planning software.
- Advise field office on hardware and software needs.
- Advise other department on hardware and software needs.
- Operation Director: Direct Supervisor
- Country Finance Manager: Coordination and collaboration on the implementation and maintenance of ERP software and business intelligence software.
- Logistic Procurement Manager: Coordination and collaboration on project implementation related to logistic and procurement digitalization as well as asset related to IT whether purchase by sponsorship fund or grant fund.
- Human Resources Manager: Coordination and collaboration on project implementation related to human resource digitalization.
- Fundraising team: Coordination and collaboration on project implementation relating with digitalization of face-to-face fundraising, payment system, and donor services as well as system administrator for YPII corporate website.
- Influencing and Communication team: Coordination and collaboration on project implementation relating with digitalization of influencing and communication, especially with the use of technology and social media to reach wider target audiences effective and efficient.
- Program/Project Manager: Coordination, and collaboration on project usage of technology such as monitoring and evaluation.
- Global Hub (GH): Coordination on global IT policies and software upgrade that need to be implemented in Indonesia.
- External vendors and IT Service Providers: Coordination on daily operation related to IT service provider, monitoring and evaluation of the IT service providers on annual basis.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 4-6 years’ experience at Management level as IT manager.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Good English speaking and written skills.
- Computer software skills, including Microsoft Office, SAP as administrator (prefer), Microsoft Dynamic 365 (prefer), Power BI (prefer), and Power Automate (prefer).
- Experience managing IT infrastructure linking different offices in Indonesia.
- Experience in developing IT skills for IT staff.
- Experience in implementing IT projects internally and with external consultants.
- At least 4 years’ relevant post qualification preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organisations.
- Good project management skills
- Good training and coaching abilities
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
Based at Country Office Jakarta with at least 30% travel to projects areas, on the field and during humanitarian settings.
Level of contact with children
Low contact: Rare interaction with children
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by applying now not later than November 30th, 2023 through this link https://tinyurl.com/ITManagerPlan
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy (PSHEA).
As an international child-centred community development organization, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse.
Our organization is based on a culture of inclusivity. We strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team in every office and country is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights, and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practices, positive attitudes, and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
- Salary Offer IDR 25.000.000 - IDR 27.000.000 gross