The Coral Triangle Center (CTC) is a foundation based in Indonesia that trains marine resources managers and educates all groups that interact with coastlines and reefs within the Coral Triangle. The applied training and learning programs are adaptive, innovative and customized for different stakeholders to abate threats, address constraints and promote sustainable practices. Coral Triangle Center provides training in marine natural resources management, supports marine protected areas, coordinates a learning network of Marine Protected Area practitioners, connects the public and private sector on coastal issues, and is developing a learning center of excellence in tropical marine conservation. Check our website at www.coraltrianglecenter.org.
In March 2016, USAID rolled out a project called The Indonesia Sustainable Ecosystem Advanced (SEA) Project that run for five years to support the Government of Indonesia to conserve biological diversity and improve the governance of marine resources at local, district, provincial, and national levels. USAID SEA Project activities are targeted at three levels of governance: the national level, the National Fisheries Management Area (FMA) for the Republic of Indonesia, and three adjacent provinces in eastern Indonesia (West Papua, North Maluku, and Maluku), which lie within FMA-715, one of Indonesia’s 11 FMAs. CTC under USAID – SEA Project works on three major strategic approaches, in which one of them is Strategic Approach 2 – Improve ecosystem management of FMA 715 and MPAs, specifically in supporting effectiveness of MPA management in potential target sites in Maluku and North Maluku Province.
TheInformation Technology Management Specialistwill play strategic role in ensuring the development and implementation of CTC’s information management system and program dashboard that captures and manages program and operation information as well as addressing compliance and audit objectives. He/ she will need to work with teams at both the headquarters (Bali) and CTC’s field office in Ambon for SEA Project team, to ensure information is properly entered and quality standards are developed and maintained.
The Information Technology Management Specialist will also play a key role in managing CTC’s IT and network equipment and its functionality. He/she will also support CTC’s outreach and community activities both for CTC Center for Marine Conservation and CTC programmatic to further spread the message of marine conservation to a wider audience.
Specific duties and responsibility include:
- Lead the system needs assessment, conceptualization and development of CTC’s integrated information system with GIS and Knowledge Management Specialist
- Support the data migration and integration process into MIS and CTC’s website
- Ensures that the dashboard is fully functional and presents accurate information
- Develop manual guideline for the Content Management System and deliver training to the user
- Supports data analysis, synthesis and consolidation of indicator data for project reporting
- Performs regular system checks to ensure information is being properly documented and entered into MIS and CTC’s website thereby contributing to data quality
- Support Computer hardware and network management (security and audit) and troubleshoot in Bali and Field office in Ambon.
- Should have a University Degree in a related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in database and web base software development using open source language
- Experience in CMS configuration and management
- Experience in computer hardware and networking
- Trustworthy, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and well organized
- Ability to meet set target and to work independently and in a team setting
- Fast learning & good communication skill
- Adaptive and able to work in a team
The position will be based in Bali. Evening and weekend work to achieve program goals may be required.