The Information Management Officer’s (IMO) task is to support the Sulawesi operation by ensuring the high-quality collection, collation, analysis and dissemination of operational information.
Working in close collaboration with PMI the IMO will support and enhance PMI’s information systems, seeking a long term sustainable solution for recording response data. The IMO will provide an invaluable interface between PMI and IFRC reporting and enable the effective use of operational data for decision making by all.
All activities are in support of the IFRC Indonesia Earthquakes and Tsunami response in Sulawesi. Working together with the IFRC team and PMI, the IM Officer will:
- Work to enhance the existing IM capacity of affected PMI branches.
- Improve and streamline current data recording and reporting systems.
- Enhance the analysis and data visualisation capacity of existing PMI staff.
- Provide workshops and trainings on the use of mobile data collection tools.
- Ensure a more complete adoption of mobile data collection tools within the response, and in preparation for future responses.
- Provide IM technical support to the sectors Relief, CTP Health, WASH and Shelter, as required.
- Make data available to operation teams in the field to enable better data-driven decision making.
- Support the reporting of response numbers to Jakarta and Regional Office.
- Ensure appropriate data protection policies are adhered to.
- Improve assessment tools and the use of data after collection.
- Provide an interface between PMI and IFRC reporting frameworks.
- Support longer term monitoring systems, in partnership with PMER.
- Coordinate and engage with other agencies and report to OCHA, as appropriate.
- Relevant degree (minimum Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent experience in Information Management or Disaster Management or Project Management
- Minimum 2 years of prior professional experience in the development and use of GIS, database systems, data visualization and other information management tools and mechanisms
- Experience in using mobile data collection tools, such as Kobo or ODK, for data gathering in the field
- Experience in working in an international humanitarian environment
- Experience in networking and communicating with different stakeholders such as government, UN, NGOs and other organisations
- Experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement