MDF Training & Consultancy is a worldwide operating management training and consultancy organisation for the international cooperation sector as well as governments and internationally operating companies. MDF employs over 150 staff members and has 12 regional offices worldwide, of which five are in Asia (Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Myanmar, and Bangladesh), which operate as MDF Asia.
MDF’s core activities consist of assisting governments, non-governmental organisations, projects/ programmes, donor agencies, and private sector companies in achieving results at the personal, programme and organisational level. MDF aims to provide practical and actionable management advice and training and facilitation services and be an independent evaluator and enterprising (management) partner in our joint quest to contribute to the SDGs and social impact.
MDF Asia – Indonesia office – is looking for a qualified and motivated Indonesian national (willing to be based in Bali) to be:
Senior Trainer/Consultant, with extensive experience in corporate sustainability/ CSR, M&E, and/ or conducting evaluations
MDF Asia – Indonesia office
At the MDF Asia – Indonesia office we work together with 6 professional trainers/consultants and 3 support staff. We work closely together on big projects and work independently on tailor-made trainings, open-entry trainings, and consultancy assignments for development sector, public sector, international/national CSOs, and, increasingly, the private sector. One of our unique selling points is that we don’t teach but we facilitate. In our consultancies, we use participatory approaches in order to make our interventions more sustainable. In our trainings, we approach participants as professionals whose learning process we facilitate. Our focus is on experiential learning and practical applicability.
All our trainers/consultants have a responsibility to acquire new assignments, build networks and maintain good relationships with clients. We are moving more and more towards conducting management consulting services with private sector companies on CS/ CSR (ESG) and social impact (SDGs), development sector-focused M&E systems development, program evaluations, and MSME development. Our services to the private sector are mainly corporate sustainability and corporate social responsibility planning and monitoring systems design, and social impact assessments (SIA).
As such we are looking for an experienced consultant and trainer in the above-mentioned areas.
- Contribute to the further development and growth of MDF’s products, courses, and client portfolio
- Contribute to the Indonesia office’s marketing and acquisition activities with current and potential clients
- Contribute to a good atmosphere and team spirit
- Share her/his experiences in order to improve the quality of all services
- Conduct highly analytical consulting assignments in MDF’s areas of competence
- Train client groups or individuals in our regular open-entry and tailor-made training courses
- Pro-actively acquire assignments
- Pro-actively create and maintain good relationships with clients and other relevant stakeholders
- Act as a team member by updating colleagues on experiences, trends in her/his area, and support where needed
- Travel and conduct assignments in Indonesia and abroad, when required.
- Proven ability to conduct high-level, analytical CS/ CSR, RBM programme planning and M&E assignments, evaluations, and social impact assessments, or other CS/ CSR-focused work;
- Ability to conduct training and consulting assignments in (fluent) English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Proven and demonstrated experience in quantitative as well as qualitative data collection and analysis techniques;
- Strong expertise in using participatory tools
- Be pro-active;
- Be open-minded;
- Be a good communicator;
- Be able to work under stress and work with deadlines.
- At least a Master degree in relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in working as a consultant in the above-mentioned areas: CS/ CSR and M&E are required. Program evaluation experience is considered an advantage.
- At least 1-year experience working abroad;
- Relevant training and facilitation experience;
- Excellent command of English and Bahasa Indonesia (speaking and writing);
- Excellent communication and (proven) proposal and report writing skills;
- Able to work independently, but also as part of a dynamic team;
- Willing to travel frequently within Indonesia and internationally;
- Willing to contribute to marketing and acquisition activities for the office;
- Extensive international experience in Results-Based Management and CS/ CSR design and M&E is an advantage;
- Inspiring work with a lot of personal responsibilities;
- Possibilities for personal growth and professional career development;
- Competitive remuneration in accordance with MDF’s terms and conditions;
- Becoming part of the wider MDF Asia and MDF Global network, with possibilities of working internationally
- MDF initially offers a one-year contract, extendable.
Address applications (CV + short Motivation Letter) to Bart van Halteren, Regional Director Asia, via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25 January 2022