Pact is launching a new project in Indonesia focused on sustainable aquaculture in Berau, East Kalimantan, Indonesia. The project will run for an initial eight-month period, with a possibility of extension, with four key workstreams:
- Strengthen local and international market access for shrimp farmersby delivering business skills training, improved market linkages and access to finance.
- Improve traceability and enable international sustainability certifications by providing certification training, and by supporting collective action.
- Improve the efficiency and productivity of shrimp farming through electrification, mechanization and use of enhanced feed.
- Build local government buy-in for carbon finance and accelerate verification of the carbon mitigation benefits associated with the projectby hosting workshops and simulated verification of carbon credits. The project team, led by the Indonesia Sustainable Shrimp Farming Project Manager, will work in close coordination with other nonprofit organizations, the client, government officials and Pact staff globally.
The project team, led by the Indonesia Sustainable Shrimp Farming Project Manager, will work in close coordination with other nonprofit organizations, the client, government officials and Pact staff globally.
Scope of Work
Pact seeks a part-time (2-3 days per week) Indonesia Sustainable Shrimp Farming Project Manager who will lead the project team and be responsible for the day-to-day oversight and delivery of the project. As part of the Pact team, you will have an enormous impact on supporting the implementation of a sustainable model for shrimp production, which will contribute to climate change mitigation and improving the lives and livelihoods of rural communities in Indonesia.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure that the project is delivered on time, on budget, and meets all client expectations.
- Develop and manage project timelines, workplans, and detailed implementation packages. Track project team progress on multiple deliverables.
- Identify and manage technical consultants, including development of detailed scopes of work, contracting,and accountabilityfor deliverables.
- Manage the project budget using Microsoft Excel, ensuring that the project is delivered within the established timeline and at the expected level of quality.
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of the project and manage the development of case studies in close coordination with Pact’s results and measurement department.
- Produce written deliverables for the client detailing progress and outcomes.
Qualifications – Basic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in businessor a related field.
- 8-10 years of project management experience in a relevant sector (energy, environment, aquaculture/agriculture, sustainable supply chains).
- Experience using project management software and tools.
- Strong leadership and management skills, and a demonstrated ability to work comfortably with a wide range of individuals cross-functionally at multiple levels.
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers.
- Ability to establish and maintain inter-personal and professional relationships withconsultants, Pact staff, clients, local partners, localgovernmentand other implementing organizations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Excellent written and oral communications in English and Bahasa, including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work with other time zones (some early morning and evening work calls).
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed within Indonesia.
Qualifications – Preferred Requirements
- Knowledge of GAP and GMP certification; familiarity with ASC standards.
- MBA and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in capacity building, sustainable agriculture and/or solar project finance.
- Right to work in Indonesiaas an international consultant paid in foreign currency.
- Suitable existing work location (home or office), and willingness to work remotely (preference for Jakarta or Bali).
- Existing telecommunications and computing equipment (phone, computer/laptop, internet connection).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted to Peter Newman at email@example.com.
Documentation required for application:
- Cover letter
- Proposed daily rate
- Contact details for three professional references
- Salary Offer Commensurate with experience