This new position will oversee the management of the key operations work areas in Indonesia which includes human resources, finance, logistics, administration, health and safety and safeguarding, procurement and organisational compliance with statutory requirements.
Reporting to the UK Operations Director (until such time the Programme Lead is in place), the Indonesia Operations Manager will hold a critical position in the Indonesia team, and is expected to provide stringent operational oversight and proactive leadership.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, proactive and highly organised individual, with knowledge of financial processes, general administration including logistics and procurement.
You will demonstrate a proven track record of operations management, as well as exceptional written and verbal communications.
We are looking for an individual who is open to new ideas and embraces innovation, who can demonstrate experience of building effective working partnerships for conservation and/or development. Assessment of applications will include candidates’ alignment with BV’s core values and mission to support human rights-based approaches to marine conservation and fisheries management.
Skills and experience
- Postgraduate/graduate degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field
- Proven experience in financial planning and control, and budget preparation and management
- Previous human resources, operations support or administrative support experience
- Excellent skills in communication of complex information to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills with the ability to relate to and work effectively with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures, at all levels
- Knowledge of Google Apps and Microsoft excel
- Previous experience of working with Financial systems