ORGANIZATION AND PROGRAM PROFILE
Delterra is an environmental nonprofit on a mission to create a world where human activities protect and restore a healthy planet. Delterra’s founding partner is McKinsey & Company, and its flagship initiative, Rethinking Recycling, works with communities in emerging economies to build rapidly scalable, self-sustaining waste management and recycling ecosystems that redirect waste into productive use while improving the lives of the people it touches. In the coming years, Delterra will add other initiatives to its portfolio, all with a view to developing innovative scalable solutions that redesign human systems for the good of people and the planet. Learn more at: https://www.delterra.org
We seek a passionate, high-performing individual to join a collaborative program team of Delterra colleagues and delivery partners as Implementation Associate in Indonesia. You will lead on-the-ground delivery and community transformation activities of our Rethinking Recycling program by implementing project management practices and collaborating with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Program Delivery: Lead sub-team to ensure successful on-the-ground delivery of program milestones to a targeted community, villages and/or regency-level waste management sites, including relevant government agencies.
- Strategy & Evaluation: Adopt and provide feedback on implementation strategies, implementation guidelines, standard operating procedures, and program design.
- Stakeholder Management: Build trusted, collaborative relationships with community leaders to ensure strong ownership and sustained support from both villages and regency, and other local government stakeholders or delivery partners.
- Problem Solving & Prioritization: Support day-to-day problem solving, contributing to a collaborative process to prioritize between trade-offs, manage the distribution of tasks in the assigned sub-team, and escalate issues and risks on time.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree. Technical or waste management-related major is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in program delivery, community development, and/or project and program management in waste management or broader sustainability areas.
- Experience in executing complex programs with diverse teams and stakeholders, with on-time, on-budget, and on-quality milestones delivery.
- Proven track record in the operation transformation of material recovery facilities, local or centralized waste management sites, or similar facilities is highly preferred.
- Experience in establishing trust and credibility with community workers, leaders, and local government officials and leaders.
- Demonstrated aptitude in conceptual and analytical problem solving with the ability to communicate to a highly diverse set of audiences.
- Comfortable in managing the ambiguity and risks inherent to innovation, adapting to the situation at hand, and helping the sub-team prioritize dynamically based on the latest information.
- Passion for contributing to society and making change happen in the environmental and/or waste space.
- Native or professional fluency in Bahasa is preferred, fluency in Balinese will be a plus.
This position will be based full-time in Bali. To apply please click this link Implementation Associate