The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Classification Level: Senior Officer
Posting Period : 01 – 14 March 2018
Duty Station: Jakarta
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 1 year (possible extension)
The Senior Administration Officer will be responsible to efficiently manage the administration of the IFRC – Country Cluster Support Team (CCST), and to ensure the smooth functioning and the effectiveness of the administration and other support tasks as required.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Booking flight tickets and accommodation based on approved document.
- Update and provide welcome package for visitors prior their departure.
- Compile visitor information in respect of their flight schedules and accommodation, share with the other support services team members enabling them to facilitate the other arrangements including transportation, meetings, appointment, etc.
- Effectively manage the administration of the Federation Indonesia country office, anticipating needs, taking initiatives, identifying new systems and ways to improve the overall effectiveness and ensure the smooth functioning of the administration.
- Implement the Administration procedure appropriately and develop as necessary.
- Ensure all essential facilities at the office are in good working conditions.
- Validate the stock of stationery.
- Validate monthly personal usage.
- Validate and reconcile invoices with service received and submit request for payment to finance.
- Maintain accurate registers of the assets and property of the IFRC-CCST including the acquisition and disposal.
- Provide monthly invoice to be paid report.
Assist of Head of Country Cluster Support Team (HoCCST)
- Assist the HoCCST in the preparation of papers and correspondence; support him/her in follow-up of representation, delegation management and coordination issues
- Manage routine administrative tasks for HoCCST; maintain personal diary, coordinate time scheduling and appointments, meetings and missions, provide monthly forecast and maintain HoCCST filing system.
- To take and record minutes at each of team meeting.
- Update partner contact list.
- Support HoCCST for Legal Status issues and related Federation work plan/report.
- Support HoCCST to consolidate and update event calendar.
Participating National Societies (PNS) Support
- To ensure all PNS in-country have signed the most updated supplementary agreement and annexes of all documents concerning the integration in-country.
- Support PNS to calculate Forecast and budget.
- Act as focal point for PNS Office closure
- Supervise Office Equipment Staff, monitor work and provide guidance
- Supervise Admin Officer, monitor work and provide guidance
- To be able to do ad hoc jobs subjected by management.
- Conduct Admin briefing for new staff.
- Any other administrative tasks as may be assigned by Finance and Admin Manager
- University Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Non-profit Management or equivalent
- 5 years minimum experience in a similar position
- Experience in working for humanitarian aid organisation in a develop or developing country is preferred
- Experience of local commercial & contractual systems
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/ Red Crescent is preferred
- Experience in conference / event management, preferably of international events
- Excellent administrative and business management skills
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spread sheet, word processing, e-mail, internet)
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Fluently spoken and written English and Bahasa
- A high degree of competence in Teamwork; commitment to the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility & adaptability; initiative & direction; interpersonal skills; resilience.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply.