Human Resources Officer
HR Officer will provide overall support to the provision of HR services, policies, and programs for Jhpiego in Indonesia. That role includes developing, implementing and managing HR processes and procedures in accordance with Jhpiego policy laws /standards. The HR Officer is responsible for staff recruitment, compensation and benefits, training, learning and development and all strategic HR processes. The position reports directly to the Country Director.
- Develop and ensure implementation of HR policies, procedures and guidelines on issues such as performance management, salaries and benefits, working relations, disciplinary procedures and professional development
- Learn and oversee the Jhpiego online portal system (“JEMS”) used to manage performance evaluations, timesheets and staff records; ensure accounts are kept up to date, and that records are maintained up to standard.
- Guide supervisors on the development of job descriptions (JD) for all staff and ensure that the JDs are kept up to date
- Lead the process of recruitment, placement, and onboarding of skilled employees for Jhpiego Indonesia; including consultants and seconded staff, and prepare their contracts and packages
- Develop orientation schedules and work with relevant supervisors on the orientation of new staff
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate personnel files.
- Advise the program staff on salary and benefits to ensure that Jhpiego Indonesia is competitive in the NGO sector and pay scales are periodically reviewed in accordance with Jhpiego HR policy.
- Liaise with Jhpiego’s medical aid provider and manage Jhpiego’s applications with the provider to ensure employees are enrolled and payments are made on time each month.
- Provide guidance for supervisor to develop a staff development plan.
- Oversee that staff and supervisors develop 90-day and annual objectives on time and that reviews are done accordingly; guiding on that process where necessary.
- In collaboration with Jhpiego Indonesia leadership, plan and support morale activities for the Jhpiego team members
- Administer leave, promotions, termination, and resignations of employees
- Ensure adherence to labour law requirements including maintaining registrations, payment of relevant HR levies and relevant reporting
- Support on disciplinary and grievance issues ensuring compliance to policies and local laws.
- Represent and /coordinate with labor lawyer for appropriate labor relations/disputes mechanisms incountry in liaison with Jhpiego HQ.
- Ensure all staff providing medical services have appropriate and up to date licenses.
- Coordinate/work with Jhpiego HQ and focal security person incountry to ensure all staff receive appropriate security orientations and manage the security plan for the Jhpiego office
- Process payroll each month
- Liaise with Headquarters staff to ensure new staff are set-up with Jhpiego emails and accounts
- Perform other related duties as required
- Professional Qualification in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- 7 years HR experience and or advanced degree and 5 years’ HR experience
- Proven understanding and familiarity with labour Laws of Indonesia
- Over 3 years’ experience handling discipline issues and representation of organization in labour matters with relevant government bodies.
- Ability to manage employee matters and salaries with confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral communication (English required and a local language preferred)
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment as well as with a team
- Ability to demonstrate strong time management and organization skills
- Excellent problem- solving skills
- Experience managing staff
- Experience working in donor-funded NGOs and global organizations preferred
How to Apply :
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Salary Offer Negotiable