|Title||Human Resources Director|
|Reports to||ASRI Executive Director|
|Status||Full-time (40 hours/week) contract|
|Location||In Indonesia, remote option available depending on the candidate, with frequent travel to ASRI sites|
|Timeline||As soon as possible|
|Salary & Benefits||IDR 23-30 million/month, work from home options, supportive and team-oriented work environment, and more|
|Deadline||Rolling recruitment until the position is filled|
Alam Sehat Lestari (ASRI) is an innovative planetary health non-profit located in West Kalimantan, Indonesia. It works to conserve the biodiversity of tropical rainforests by meeting the surrounding communities’ health and economic needs. Since 2007, ASRI has worked around Gunung Palung National Park (GPNP), a 108,000-hectare rain forest in West Kalimantan that is home to 5-10% of the world’s remaining orangutans and a watershed for 60,000 people. The ASRI Clinic provide high-quality, discounted health care to local communities in exchange for commitments to forest conservation. ASRI is a world-renowned organization that has been recognized with multiple awards globally and within Indonesia including the Whitley Award and Kalpataru Award. Our integrated work with human health and conservation has brought about a dramatic decline in logging. In 2018, ASRI expanded to villages near Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park (BBBRNP) in Melawi Regency, West Kalimantan, a 181,090-hectare rainforest in central Borneo, critical for orangutan reintroduction.
|Define, adapt, plan, and supervise the implementation of ASRI human resources policies, ensuring they align with the context, the operational challenges, and the human resources and talent strategy ASRI has adopted.Being a strategic partner to the ASRI programs team contributes to defining and implementing program objectives. Ensures the HR capacity required, sizing and capabilities, improving talent, culture, and hiring strategies to achieve program goals effectively. This will be done according to ASRI’s human resources vision and values.|
Is responsible for ensuring that ASRI is a responsible employer, supports proper management of HR across the board, and assumes full responsibility for all administrative and legal issues.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is an active ASRI executive leadership team member, contributing to the objectives, definitions, and programmatic strategic plans.
- Is responsible for all human resources management and administrative issues in ASRI, ensuring they are aligned with legal requirements, HR vision, and responsible employer frame
- Ensures alignment of ASRI’s objectives with HR institutional objectives beyond the program (related to future HR capacity of the organization, such as supporting staff development beyond program roles, promoting spaces to train new staff (especially junior staff) or staff under development plans etc.)
- Contributes to planning and definition of Human Resources in ASRI, analyzing local capacities and supporting in identifying the optimum team set-up to achieve ASRI’s objectives properly and identifying key indicators to follow up the results and revise the HR plan accordingly.
- Provides advice and technical expertise to the ASRI executive leadership team, in order to design job profiles, organizational charts, and decision-making channels.
- In close collaboration with the ASRI executive leadership team, plans HR operational and budget needs to efficiently ensure the required HR sizing and capabilities of the mission. Is responsible for the follow-up of the HR budget and plan and accountable for both
- Defines ASRI HR strategies to ensure that ASRI can count on the capacities and competencies needed in the short, mid, and long term (recruitment, remuneration, management, and learning development plans).
Policies, Employee Recruitment, and Contract Management
- Defines local policies and adapts ASRI standard policies to program needs and local legal framework. Ensures implementation of all HR Policies and Management Guidelines.
- Ensures that all ASRI staff is recruited correctly and that all staff is managed according to ASRI HR vision, policies, and values, and provides support and technical advice to the ASRI management team to achieve compliance and coherence.
- Identify the best source of recruitment according to ASRI needs and objectives, as well as define recruitment strategy based on the analysis of the labor market with the objective of recruiting professionals and people with the potential to develop within the organization
- Supports and coaches as an expert all ASRI management team members in their role of talent managers
- Is the manager and technical referent for HR and administration-related issues in ASRI (recruitment, management, and development of teams, contracting employees, remuneration of staff, etc.).
- Is responsible for and supervises all human resources and administration teams in ASRI
Training and Development
- Ensures the proper implementation of the performance management system throughout the organization, providing technical support to the management team and the administration managers in detecting and implementing training needs, in accordance with operational requirements, in evaluating people performance and in implementing the associated action plans to improve staff capabilities and their contribution to mission goals.
- Defines, approves, and/or coordinates the implementation of career development programs for high-potential talent to increase long-term commitment and contribution.
Compensation and Benefits
- Defines and coordinates the implementation of ASRI salary and benefits policy.
- Ensures regular checks of salary and tax calculations, to ensure internal equity, adequate competitiveness, and legal compliance.
- Defines and coordinates the internal communication policy, in collaboration with the management team, organizing staff meetings and broadcasting ASRI values and vision, to boost staff commitment, active participation, and adherence to ASRI values.
- Ensures systematic briefings and onboarding of all ASRI staff.
- Supervises administrative processes for all staff and manage labor conflicts when they appear, in order to ensure labour legal compliance and to improve employer branding awareness.
- Ensures a good knowledge of labour market: in terms of profiles available, level of qualifications, specificities, lead or request labour market studies and benchmarking studies.
- Is responsible to make sure that Internal regulations and all HR related policies, procedures and administrative documents (i.e. employment contracts, payslip, etc.) are within the national legal framework.
- Promotes internal and external mobility of key staff identified and support the development of plans to ensure mobility.
- Develops the mission mobility policy according to the needs and the context and in respect with policies and standards.
- Ensures, in close collaboration with the medical team, the implementation of safety/security/medical protocols in order to ensure healthy and risk-free working conditions for all staff
- Provides expertise to supervisors/activity managers on how to manage HR ( team management, conflict management, stress early detection, communication, meetings, etc.)
- Detects potential conflicts among staff and intervenes directly in conflict solving when necessary and/or possible. Is responsible to look for a viable solution in case a direct intervention is not possible.
- Makes sure that cases linked to behavioural issues are prevented, detected and managed.
HR Data Administration
- Is responsible for the correct use of HR Systems and systematically ensures the quality of data and the monthly closing.
- Reports on HR indicators to executive leadership team and managers in order to feed decision making, planning and fine tuning of project strategies
- Ensures proper exit, debriefing and capitalization of experiences and shares with management.
- Represents ASRI in meetings with authorities, donors and other NGOs for HR, operations or administration related issues.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
|Education||Degree in HR, public administration, management, or related studies.|
|Experience||Working experience of at least 10 years in a human resources management or internal operations role at a Director level, working experience in NGO is preferred|
|Languages||Bahasa Indonesia, English|
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. People Oriented, leader, mentor, coach.
- Goal-Oriented, Detail Oriented, Problem-Solving Ability. Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Highest level and proven integrity and work ethic.
Only Indonesian nationals should apply. Please submit (1) a CV or resume and (2) a cover letter describing your interest in this position to email@example.com. This position is open on a rolling basis until we find the best-suited candidate. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to contact all applicants, but we will contact you soon if you are chosen for an interview.
- Salary Offer IDR 23-30 million/month