Purpose of consultancy:
- To provide a comprehensive description of how the UNFPA Indonesia components of the BERANI Project have impacted the environment since the start of the project in 2018.
- To see potential shortcomings in current practices on medical waste management through the project in order to enable corrective action and improvement of implementation and monitoring practices.
- To lay the foundations for annual reporting of the BERANI Project until the end of the project in 2022.
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
- Background in Public Health, Environmental Health, preferably on issues related to medical waste management
- Strong background in research particularly on health service management, medical waste management
- Strong background in programme design and evaluation, particularly for waste management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in working with the governments, health care providers and programme managers of hospitals, puskesmas and private clinics.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Required Skills and Experience
- Education: A Master’s degree in one of the following fields: public health, medicine, or environmental health with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the area of public health; Familiarity on issues related to medical waste management is an advantage.
- Has minimum 3 (three) years of experience in conducting situation analysis, programme evaluation or developing policy brief or background study, particularly on medical waste management; demonstrated through national/ international publications.
- Fluent in spoken and written Indonesian Language and English.
Description of services and requirements as stated in the attached TOR.