Job Title : HR & GA
Duration of Contract : Full Time
Direct Supervisor : Main Director
Superior Supervisor : President Director YBL
1. Project Context
The human resources department exists to support the activity of Yayasan Bambu Lestari’s (YBL) program, The 1000 Bamboo Villages in Indonesia in line with the organization’s mission and vision. The goal of this department is to ensure all daily activities related to the YBL program run smoothly in accordance with the organization’s rules and regulations. The function of the Human Resource Department is to serve the country program to ensure that nationwide identical policies, strategies, and procedures being implemented and to process all daily Human Resources activities, in an efficient and timely manner.
Brief information about the 1000 Bamboo Villages, currently the world emits up to 40 Billion tons of Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere every year. Our vision is to take 1000 Bamboo Villages here in Indonesia and expand that to 9 other countries that collectively with absorb and remove out of the atmosphere 1 Billion tons of Carbon Dioxide every single year. Tropical Rainforests are important to us as humans because they are the foundation to Earths life support systems and in those life support systems you have more than half of the plants and animals on the planet and we need to understand that without these healthy soils without these healthy water systems without the healthy air we cannot survive and thrive on this planet.
The Environmental Bamboo foundation is not only trying to stop these forests disappearing but we are trying to restore the degraded lands that were the forests of the past. With the 1000 bamboo villages, we aiming to want to create what we call a Restoration Economy where people, especially rural farming communities can actively restore these degraded lands around the world and make a very good economy for themselves their families and their communities in the process
The 1000 Bamboo Villages allows farmer cooperatives to produce value-added bamboo products, at the village level, by creating an integrated forest to the factory production system.
Our 1000 Bamboo program is a holistic system where we take degraded land reintroduce native species and set aside areas for food crops and cash crops within this larger agroforestry reality.
One of the key benefits of our agroforestry system is that we create knitted hydrology of short medium and deep roots. To create a sponge that holds water in the soil and helps these forestry systems to thrive. The global Bamboo market is currently projected to reach 93 Billion US dollars by 2025. We aim to restore 2 million hectares of degraded land. Generate an industry revenue of 6-9 Billion US dollars per annum and create more than 1 million jobs in the process. The Bamboo Village program allows farmers to produce two main bamboo products. Bamboo strips and Bamboo pallets, strips are the raw material for Bamboo planks that can supply woodworking industries of the world. Bamboo pallets are a Byproduct of the strip production and are an excellent source of Carbon neutral Bioenergy that can generate electricity and provide a safe fuel for cooking
Globally the main Bamboo markets are for the food industry, for the construction industry, for the textile industry and most interestingly is to take the wastes from a lot of these industries and press it into a little pellet that can become renewable energy of the future.
2. Functions / Key Results Expected
- Handle overall HRD function (Recruitment process, Performance Evaluation and Employee Relations, Union, and related tasks)
- Process Customers Business Agreement, Employment Contracts, Warning issues, employee activities, Etc.
- Handle General HR & GA services
- Oversee day to day running of the HR & GA tasks.
- Maintain KPIs and General Affairs Targets are achieved.
- Handle problems and issues and promptly reporting to General Manager,
- Coordinate with Government agencies, Labour agencies, Lawyer related.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related fields.
- At least 3 years up experience in Human Resource, General Affairs, Employee relations, and Union.
- Capacity Building
- Knowledge in Labor Law, Labor Relation Act.
- Good English language skills
- Good PC skills in MS Office
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal, well-organized, initiative, service-minded and solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure and timeline.
- Min 5 years experiences in HR & GA; 2-3 years of specialized experience working with civil society organizations and/or advocacy efforts; Wide network in climate change and forestry policy environment at all level; understanding the political environment related to climate change and forestry sector; Experience in working with international institutions is a plus.
Submit your CV: Communication@bambuvillage.org