The HR and Recruitment Manager will be responsible for overseeing a range of generalist HR management functions including employee relations, on-boarding, performance management, and benefits and compensation. This position will manage the overall recruitment of talent across the Health Technical Assistance Project (Bantu Dua), a five-year USAID bilateral contract for the provision of Health Technical Assistance. Bantu Dua will identify, recruit, hire, administer and support qualified individuals or organizations that will provide short or long-term technical assistance directly to the Government of Indonesia (GOI) as needed and requested by USAID. The Activity will provide specialized, high-level technical assistance to USAID, USAID-funded programs, the GOI, and other relevant stakeholders.
The Manager will provide in-house expertise, guidance, and advice to project personnel regarding funder regulations, requirements, and compliance with local labor laws. The Manager will report to the Project Director for Bantu Dua based in Indonesia with a dotted line to the Global Human Resources team.
This is a full-time position based in Indonesia and is contingent on ThinkWell securing the proposal.
- Partner with employees across the firm to advise on and/or manage HR-related needs including employee relations and performance issues, compensation, employment eligibility, acquisition of work permits, compliance with country-specific regulations, PEO liaison, Indonesian labor laws, etc.
- Advise managers on the resolution of the day-to-day to complex employee relations issues. Reduce legal risk and ensure compliance by maintaining knowledge of legal HR requirements.
- Bring a flexible, practical, collaborative and data-driven approach to HR. Partner with Talent team and Director to collect and analyze data. Use this analysis to recommend actions concerning employment, termination, performance evaluations, compensation and benefits.
- Collaborate proactively with colleagues across the firm to facilitate seamless integration of full talent management service delivery to Bantu Dua. Manage and execute HR administration/transaction processing.
Full Cycle Recruitment
- Conduct full life-cycle recruitment for regular and proposal openings in the United States and internationally. Source and assess candidates, schedule interviews, conduct tests for specific positions as needed, check references, negotiate job offers.
- Provide excellent customer service to candidates, hiring teams and managers, communicate regularly on candidate pipeline and status, identify creative solutions to staffing challenges, navigate compensation, work authorization and logistical issues affecting recruitment with managers. Embody and reflect firm values and culture to candidates. Serve as in-house thought partner with managers to understand and meet their staffing needs with responsiveness, detail orientation, efficiency and strategic input.
- Track, monitor, manage and report on all openings across the project.
- Collaborate with ThinkWell’s Talent team to recommend and negotiate compensation for new hires, including allowances and benefits for international hires in project locations.
- Manage local recruiting networks with colleges and universities, executive search and other placement firms, government institutions, and other sources of potential applicants to build our talent pipeline.
- Champion diversity recruiting and engage fully and consistently internally and externally to attract and retain top notch talent across new and under-represented groups.
- Disposition candidates accurately in the Applicant Tracking System, Workable.
- Other duties may be required.
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:Think big
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 8+ years’ experience or graduate degree and 6+ years’ experience.
- Substantial work experience in talent/HR management as well as recruitment, with working knowledge of relevant employment regulations/laws.
- Experience with USG rules, regulations, and FAR/OMB. USAID contracts experience preferred, but CDC, private foundation, and corporation contracts experience welcome.
- A team player, motivated to provide subject matter expertise with a collaborative, customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly, thoroughly, and conscientiously with attention to detail and a responsive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive HR issues. Mature, professional judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external vendors and stakeholders.
- Fluency in English required; Bahasa Indonesian language ability is a plus.
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.
How to Apply
Please apply using this link