USAID SEGAR is seeking an HR and Operations Associate to support SEGAR Activity at national level and based in Jakarta, with five-days work-from-office per week. Code: HRO.
USAID’s SEGAR Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. USAID SEGAR contributes to the 2020 – 2025 USAID Indonesia Country Development Cooperation Strategy, Development Objective 3: Environmental Sustainability Improved, and Intermediate Result 1, Natural Resource Management Improved.
To achieve the overall goal, USAID SEGAR will achieve the following two objectives:
- Strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advance biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use.
- Increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
USAID SEGAR works in four regions with total twelve intervention districts; 1) Aceh (Aceh Tamiang, Aceh Utara, Aceh Timur); 2) Central Kalimantan (Seruyan, Kotawaringin Barat); 3) West Kalimantan (Ketapang, Kubu Raya, Sanggau, Sintang); and 4) East Kalimantan (Berau, Kutai Timur, Mahakam Ulu).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge in processing the personnel / human resources related matters for both Short Term and Long-Term staff.
- Ensure the recruitment process and all the on boarding personnel (STTA and LTTA) have the required approval from HR/Operations Manager and Chief of Party (COP).
- Managing leave tracker, its requests and monthly timesheets to be approved by HR/Operations Manager for further payroll processes.
- Responsible in managing the shared office calendar, especially staff leave plan and holiday calendar.
- Managing the optical reimbursement / vision care of all staff and update its tracker update to Operations Manager for the monthly payroll preparation.
- Lead and being proactive in initiating the performance evaluations; from self-evaluation, seeking inputs and diligently assist the whole process completely.
- Manage the hiring process and new staff enrollment to BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, BPJS Kesehatan, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and maintain good record in HR Database.
- Together with the Procurement Officer, in charge in safety and security team, help ensure that the Security and Emergency Action Plan (EAP) is up to date in accordance with home office guidance, that the office space complies with the EAP and Chemonics’ safety and security protocol, and that staff are aware of emergency procedures.
- Liaise with consultants/STTA on reports, claims and payment.
- Support the daily administrative operations of the project.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and minimal of 8 years’ experience of professional experience in human resources management for an international organization or donor program.
- Deep knowledge of Indonesian laws and relevant USAID rules and regulations related to human resources management.
- Experience on USAID funded program activity is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation, organization, and ability to manage confidential issues.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet research and database applications.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or Resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “HRO– Yourname”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.