Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
The Hepatitis Data Officer will assist the government by providing monthly report monitoring in the Hepatitis Sub-Directorate in the Ministry of Health to ensure evidence-based program implementation. The Officer will support the strengthening of the National Hepatitis Program’s data management system, with a focus on improving data quality and promoting data utilization to guide key programmatic decisions. The Officer will report to the Hepatitis Program Manager, but will work closely with and support the Program Manager for Data Management and Analysis.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, strong quantitative and analytical abilities, and excellent communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, entrepreneurial, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
Program Specific Responsibilities:
The Officer will be based in Jakarta and stationed in the Hepatitis Sub-Directorate in the Ministry of Health for two working days per week and in the CHAI Indonesia office for three working day per week, subject to team requirements. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the strengthening of data management tools and processes for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Support regular data collection and validation, and work with healthcare facilities to improve data quality through mobile channels, or site visits (if required).
- Generate charts and graphs and provide simple analysis on a monthly basis to promote data usage in decision-making for program service delivery.
- Strengthen knowledge of Subdit Hepatitis on data management tools and processes.
- Support data management trainings and capacity building activities for health facilities within Jakarta and treatment provinces.
- Support monitoring and evaluation efforts through organizing and participating in field visits, initiating data reviews and contributing to program evaluations.
- Perform basic finance and administrative functions as needed under the guidance of CHAI’s Finance team.
- Perform any other work as assigned by the Program Manager and / or Program Director.
- University degree with at least 2-3 years of work experience
- Strong written & oral communication skills in Indonesian and English, with the ability to prepare compelling presentations
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel (formulas, Macros/VBA), PowerPoint, Internet applications & Mobile applications
- Previous experience managing and analysing large data sets
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to evaluate systems holistically and advise on effectiveness of systems or processes
- Ability to think creatively in the face of challenges
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
- Degree in public health/epidemiology or a related technical field
- Experience working with the government and/or different levels of the health system
- Knowledge of research ethics is an advantage