The Health and Nutrition Specialist shall be responsible to ensure appropriate quality, capacity building, future planning and oversight over the health and nutrition element in the project. This program is managed to achieve an acceleration of the stunting reduction to ensure the improvement of health and nutritional condition of women, particularly pregnant and lactating women, and children under-5 years old in the target sub-districts., established and strengthened community-based child health promotion and health services for children.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible on the Implementation of the Health-Related Activities (65 %)
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Family Support Team and/or Puskesmas for the provision of nutritious food supplement (Pemberian Makanan Tambahan) for under-weight children under-5 years old and pregnant women that refer to the Ministry of Health technical guideline;
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders to develop/expand a training material for strengthening Family Support Team training, Parenting & Youth Class, community campaign and IEC Materials;
- Develop related health training materials and facilitate related training in coordination with government office; design a monitoring tool, based on the log frame and indicators, to ensure that an appropriate monitoring system is in place, and is being implemented by the Project Officer/team
- Ensure the health program objectives are met within the designated time frame and budget.
- Ensure program planning and implementation is according to the set strategic plan, log frame and work plan, and is appropriate for all project sites;
- Control the budget for Health in the project area: review and sign requisition orders, according to the program estimation budget;
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to the Project Manager and ensure that reporting deadlines are met;
- Consult with the Project Manager on technical matters related to the program, which would include detailed program planning, budget estimates, implementation of program activities based on the log frame, initiating appropriate strategies based on data gathered, needs assessment, survey results, or arising needs – if any;
- Coordinate with Project Manager on matters related to program strategic planning, implementation of the log frame and work plan and technical standards for health;
- Coordinate with Yayasan CARE Peduli Programme Manager and technical team in Jakarta, in matters related to implementing guidelines for specific health programs, IEC materials, and others, for use in program implementation;
- Follow established Yayasan CARE Peduli policies and procedures on programs, finance, HR/admin, logistic, and security;
2. Technical Lead in building and maintaining potential and strategic networking at District level Health-related activities (30%)
- Advocate with and coordinate closely with government health staff (Province, District and village level) to encourage better health services by them;
- Conduct regular assessment among government health staff (District and village level), and facilitate relevant trainings among District and village (Puskesmas) level staff, in coordination with appropriate training institutes;
- Collect relevant data from government health staff, or other agencies to assist in program monitoring and evaluation; When requested and whenever feasible, assist the District Family Planning and Health officer, the Puskesmas or non-government organizations in special health projects, surveys and other activities;
- Coordinate with other government agencies and non-government organizations as the need may arise, in relation to program implementation;
- Attend and participate in meetings in government and non-government agencies, when needed;
3. Other management responsibilities as required (5%)
- Perform other duties that may reasonably be assigned in line with the position.
- Education, experience and technical competencies
- Education: Bachelor degree in Public Health or medical health or any relevant background;
- Experience: At least 5 (five) years working in non-governmental organization and/or consulting company
- Good communications skills, including negotiation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for beneficiaries;
- Experience in building partnership with government and other civil society organizations.
- Willing to spend a considerable amount of time in the field;
- Ability to develop relationship with various stakeholders
- Able to give helpful directions, detailed instructions and demonstrations;
- Able to negotiate and to clarify expectations of both the beneficiaries and team.
- Strong presentation skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) is preferable.
2. Personal attributes & competencies
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team in the cross-cultural environment;
- Honest, responsible, self-motivated, ability to work in tight schedule and able to take initiative under minimum supervision.
- Commitment to values that YCP upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation. Commitment to gender equality and social justice.
- Commitment to Safeguarding Policy: Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Abuse.
How to Apply
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and contact information (e.g. telephone and email address) of three referees from previous employer.
Please submit your applications to ycp_recruitment @ careind.or.id at the latest by August 20, 2022