CWS/Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS is implementing a UNHCR-funded program in Jakarta that assists refugees and asylum seekers to access basic services such as health care and provides skills training and education programs.
I. THE ROLE:
The Health Assistant position is required to provide an administrative support to the health service program. The incumbent is expected to assist the Senior Program Officers-Health in maintaining health database drafting reports on project activities and reporting as needed.
II. RESPONSIBILITY & TASKS
- Manage Administration of Health Program in Jakarta
- Assisting the Senior Health Program Officer in preparing procurement of the medical supplies and kit first aid purpose.
- Assisting the Senior Health Program Officer in keeping the stock records of the medical supplies and kit first aid purpose.
- Assist the preparation of draft of contracts/agreements for partnership with nominated Hospitals and PUSKESMAS in coordination with Senior Health Program Officer and Senior Operations Officer.
- Maintain and update database of the refugees concerning their medical and health related issues.
- Assist the Senior Health Program Officer in preparing the formal/informal meetings, special events and trainings related to health issues.
- Manage Documentation and Report
- Responsible to maintain, update and compile routine project documentation including payment requests/financial receipts of medical assistance and first aid services received from the refugees.
- Responsible to log and file all health program paperwork/reports and other related document.
- Assist the Senior Program Officer Health to provide information/data and reports as requested.
- Making sure that Invoices from Hospital arrive in timely matter, logged, and distribute the invoices to Finance Unit
- Follow up the billing from referral Hospitals related to the project
- Do other as requested by the Program Manager and Senior Program Officer Health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Having minimal D3 background in medical related field (Nurse, Public Health, Medical) or relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in medical services, preferably in refugee context
- Good communication of both spoken and written English
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi-tasking jobs
- Able to work in a team and work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience working with INGO or International environment is beneficial
- Willing to travel/visit to project site
- Willing to assist refugees in emergency situation
- Having experience in managing medical services and medical assistance
- Able to handle first aid services and health emergency cases
- Able to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholder (medical service providers, psychological counseling institutions, NGO networks, government institution and refugees)
- Willing to prepare and provide the capacity building/training of health promotion and nutrition for staff and refugees
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to motivate/counsel both staff and refugees
- Having experience in assisting refugees is an advantage
- Ability to organize data management
- Having a skill in writing, reporting, and documenting is essential