|: Head of Stakeholder Engagement
|: Team Leader
|: Senior level management (Indonesian National)
|: One year, with a possibility of extension
|: Jakarta, Indonesia
Background of the Program
The DFAT-funded Knowledge Partnership Platform (KONEKSI) is Australia’s flagship program in the Indonesia knowledge and innovation sector. KONEKSI’s goal is to achieve an enduring relationship between Indonesia and Australia that advances mutual interest and supports Indonesia’s inclusive and sustainable development. The purpose of the programme is to increase the use of knowledge-based solutions for inclusive and sustainable policies and technologies. This purpose positions KONEKSI as a vehicle to produce knowledge on complex socio-economic problems, where effective solutions are often beyond a unique sector or category of stakeholders. It will support both the knowledge to policy cycle (K2P) and the knowledge to innovation cycle (K2I), in a complementary and synergistic way. KONEKSI will focus on two End of Investment Outcomes (EOIOs):
- Australian and Indonesian organisations have increased collaboration and mutual understanding through knowledge partnerships; and
- Innovative solutions for inclusive and sustainable policies and technologies are generated by knowledge partnerships.
Summary of the Position
The Head of Stakeholder Engagement is responsible for designing, coordinating, and ensuring quality assurance of technical assistance to GoI. This position will oversee technical delivery including major proposed activities such as joint call for proposals, short course, innovation support and other high-profile activities. The Head will also be responsible, in cooperation with the Team Leader, for nurturing relationships with Program Steering Committee (PSC) and Program Technical Committee (PTC) members as well as the development of GOI-led working groups on key issues identified by the program in association with collaborative research grant calls for proposals.
- Provide technical leadership and supervise the stakeholder engagement team in delivering technical assistance to Government Indonesia in line with GOI needs and program objectives
- In cooperation with the Team Leader, nurture and build relationships with PSC and PTC members and support the development of active and engaging GOI-led working groups on KONEKSI collaborative research grants themes to encourage policy and innovation uptake
- Support the development of innovation activities to complement the policy focus of the program
- Develop, update, and provide input to relevant Strategic Program documents and deliverables, as required.
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder map
- Support the Team Leader in monitoring and managing risks associated with key stakeholder relationships and networks.
- Other duties as agreed with the Team Leader
- A postgraduate qualification (or other relevant qualification and substantial professional experience) international development, social sciences, or a related discipline.
- 15 years’ experience working on large donor funded programs with increasing leadership and management responsibilities.
- Extensive experience working with Government of Indonesia, experience with Bappenas, BRIN, and Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology preferred.
- Extensive experience in the research and innovation sector, understanding of key issues, policies, and challenges as well as relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proven experience in project management including needs assessment, collaborative design, implementation, and oversight of technical assistance to GoI.
- Commitment to gender equality, disability, and social inclusion
- Experience working with senior government officials, research institutions, and managing complex relationships.
- Advanced facilitation skills including facilitation of GOI-led working groups for policy and innovation dialogue.
- Previous experience working with DFAT and a sound knowledge of DFAT’s reporting and performance management processes.
- Fluency in English and Indonesian.
Applications should be sent to KONEKSI by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by 18 February 2024 COB (05.00 PM, Western Indonesia Time)
- Please write “KONEKSI – HoSE – ( Name )” in the email subject line.
- Women, people with disabilities, and people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.