Justice Without Borders (JWB) is inviting applications for a Jakarta-based Head of Office Position. This position will focus on strengthening JWB’s case support, stakeholder development, and cross-border case management operations. The position is available starting immediately.
Justice Without Borders is a regional not-for-profit organisation that seeks to advance cross-border access to justice for victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking, even after they return home. Focusing on building access to civil and administrative remedies, JWB’s work covers key destination and source countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Strategically, JWB develops the knowledge, knowhow and networks needed to make access to justice a reality for migrant workers, no matter where they happen to be.
The Head of Office will lead JWB’s strategic vision involving Indonesian workers. The work focuses on both Indonesia and Indonesian migrant workers in Hong Kong and Singapore.
The position primarily includes the following work streams:
- Strengthening partner engagement & capacity building—Expand and deepen our work with NGOs that support Indonesian workers, both in Indonesia and abroad.
- Case development—supporting cross-border litigation with JWB’s Hong Kong and Singapore offices, working with local partners on parallel claims in Indonesia, and identifying new cases among returning workers.
- Managing strategic legal research—Work with our volunteer Legal Fellows and law firm partners to complete selected Topics will depend on cases and partner needs.
- Donor development—assist the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in developing donor relations.
TERMS OF WORK
Duration: The position would begin upon hiring. It will include a trial period of 3 months, after which the position becomes ongoing.
Weekly hours: Full-time, some overtime may be necessary.
Remuneration: Competitive NGO salary, based on qualifications and experience.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Based in and eligible to work in Indonesia
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in the NGO or legal sectors
- Relevant experience in migrant worker issues or related fields
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s Degree preferred. Legal degree and background (LLB, JD, LLM, etc)
- High fluency in English, with strong writing, communications, presentation and analytical skills
- Native/near native Bahasa Indonesia speaker
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in an intercultural
- Desire to work as part of a team that includes pro bono volunteers
- Willingness to learn and to go beyond one’s own comfort
- Self-directed and able to follow through on tasks and responsibilities
Candidates who have the following preferred qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Previous pro bono legal experience (strongly preferred) or previous legal
- Bahasa Indonesia, or language ability in any other of JWB’s target country languages (Tagalog, Mandarin).
- Experience in an international NGO or other international organization, whether in Indonesia or abroad.
Please send a cover letter, CV and salary range to: